PRS polish

steve campbell

I know this is not a new complaint; PRS destroys the finish on guitars. Luckily, I spot -test before using on my new hollow-body. Ive since seen many similar complaints. Also common is that lack of response from PRS customer service.

I know this is not a new complaint; PRS destroys the finish on guitars. Luckily, I spot -test before using on my new hollow-body. Ive since seen many similar complaints. Also common is that lack of response from PRS customer service.
Any ideas on how to get this stuff off my guitar?

Thats crap... not sure what to suggest other than using Gibson Vintage Reissue restoration kit in future. I have faith and trust in PRS oproducts other than guitar care related

If you knew of the complaint, then why try it? PRS has reformulated everything to be nitro friendly and states just that on the website. I'd guess it would say it on the bottle too. I've always read the info on the bottle before using it. Anyone not familiar with guitar care should be consulting with their dealer on what to use and hopefully the dealer doesn't suck.

Thats crap... not sure what to suggest other than using Gibson Vintage Reissue restoration kit in future. I have faith and trust in PRS oproducts other than guitar care related
Steve Campbell's problem and Simon's no faith/trust in PRS guitar care products don't leave me feeling warm & fuzzy. I almost bought their cleaner/polish kit when I bought my TL, but I somehow had a gut feeling on that, especially related to nitro finish. I'd have been one pissed-off Jose if the finish on my Cherry Bomb was ruined by a PRS polish. Damn! Anyone know if the formulation of their product changed along with the nitro switch couple years ago?

Steve Campbell's problem and Simon's no faith/trust in PRS guitar care products don't leave me feeling warm & fuzzy. I almost bought their cleaner/polish kit when I bought my TL, but I somehow had a gut feeling on that, especially related to nitro finish. I'd have been one pissed-off Jose if the finish on my Cherry Bomb was ruined by a PRS polish. Damn! Anyone know if the formulation of their product changed along with the nitro switch couple years ago?

Personally I don't know and I don't care. Damage (luckily not literally) is already done

Yes. PRS just started changing core guitars to nitro in 2020(I think). Prior to that, nothing they made besides private stock, the original DGT guitars and some satin finishes were available with a nitro finish. After the core line changed to nitro, PRS reformulated their guitar care products. Unfortunately, there’s probably product still on market in many places that is the old formula.

I know PRS made an announcement about the switch to nitro on the core line at some point as they started the change. I don’t know have any of their old or new cleaning products so no idea what it says on the actual bottles. All the new products on their site say nitro safe or something to that effect.

I guess for me, if I’m spending thousands on a new guitar, I’m going to make sure I know what the finish is on the guitar and if any cleaning/polishing product doesn’t say it’s nitro safe or safe for all types of gloss finishes, I’m not trying it. Not even on a tiny inconspicuous spot.

I guess for me, if I’m spending thousands on a new guitar, I’m going to make sure I know what the finish is on the guitar and if any cleaning/polishing product doesn’t say it’s nitro safe or safe for all types of gloss finishes, I’m not trying it. Not even on a tiny inconspicuous spot.
Makes perfect sense to me. Last I checked, the PRS care kit was out of stock.

Back