Prs Pickups in a Jackson?

Crazyjay

lfyVUlr.jpg
Wondering if anyone's done this with a Jackson guitar, not sure if they all have the same pickup dimensions so this is a ke1 with original passive Seymour Duncan's, It only has the neck pickup would a 59/09 switch be possible dimension wise? Now I'm thinking about switching the kahler bridge but that's probably a stretch. Mainly I'm trying to give it a better overall sound and even increase the sustain even tho wood plays a big role, thanks and hopefully the pic can be viewed I'm on my phone so bare with me please.

Will depend on if the Jackson can accept long pickup legs that PRS uses on their pickups. That's really the only factor here. I'm not familiar with Jackson, but maybe someone here or another forum would know. I can't recall what pickup legs Duncan uses either.

That's a discontinued Marty Friedman model. They tend to fetch a decent amount these days as they've been out of production for more than a decade now. There's one the custom shop recently built on eBay right now for $6500.

I would advise against modding it. If you're unhappy with it, you'd likely be better off unloading it in stock condition and putting that towards a guitar that better suits your tastes. Or if you're really into that model/shape, get a production model KE2 (Floyd) and toss PRS pickups in that.

Back