PRS PICKUP K VALUES

helmi

single & satin
anybody know the K values of 53/10's (neck and bridge) and 57/08 tm's? (neck and bridge) LES, are you there?

The JA-15 was originally equipped with 53/10 pickups, but the wire is no longer available so now we use 57/08 pickups on this model.

The Archtop pickups have output of 6.75K Bass and 7.25Kbridge.
Helmi, I asked this question a long while back. Above was the answer I got from Shawn at PRS. Dang it! I cut off the quote let me dig it back up!

53/10 specs (Now discontinued, no longer available)
Scuffed nickel covers with nickel screws.
Compatible with toggle switch with push/pull tone pot
Part # Description Resistance Magnet
ACC-XXXX 53/10 treble 8.98K Alnico
ACC-XXXX 53/10 Bass 8.42K Alnico
Retail: $199 each

Last edited:
So, like I said in your other post, there's no other reliable way to tell except to email customer service with the original serial number of the guitar (which you don't have). See here:

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/p22-pulled-my-pups-what-does-this-mean.14916/

Or, again, you could install the pickups, and trust your ears.

yes sir, I know I can do this. I own 57/08's and have had 53/10's. but i'm trying to save flushing about $120 down the toilet by having my guitar man put the pickups in-n-out and in-n-out again. plus a lot of wasted time!!!

Last edited:
57/08s vary a LOT from sample to sample. They are literally all over the map. Not sure if 53/10s were more consistent, I think there are fewer end-user measurements out there to compare as they are less common in general.

You could pick up an uncovered 59/09 and whack it in the bridge of that Chris Henderson, then the 2 x 53/10s or 57/08s in the neck and middle, then no matter what you'd have a seriously awesome guitar (I've considered picking up one of those 3 pickup Henderson's, coz you know, 3 pickups are my thing).

Wire in a global push-pull coil tap (with resistor mod) and you'd have a darn fine range of tones.

You could pick up an uncovered 59/09 and whack it in the bridge of that Chris Henderson, then the 2 x 53/10s or 57/08s in the neck and middle, then no matter what you'd have a seriously awesome guitar (I've considered picking up one of those 3 pickup Henderson's, coz you know, 3 pickups are my thing).

Wire in a global push-pull coil tap (with resistor mod) and you'd have a darn fine range of tones.

I tried a 59/09 in the rear of my satin singlecut and didn't care for it. I liked the 57/08 much better. (I don't care for a "bright" bridge pup) I did like the 59/09's in my McCarty korina. the chris Henderson IS a awesome guitar. the stock pups in it sound very good, but I've got 3- 57/08's sitting in a drawer and it would kill me not to hear how they would sound in it.

Back