PRS Pickup Help!

Leathan

Been playing a Bernie since 2012. Just recently, some of the switches have begun to fail, and I thought it might be the right time to have some upgrades done to the guitar. I've actually really enjoyed the stock pups so far, and I'd like to follow through on the same "vibe"/tone as those pups. So...

Question: The stock pickups in a Bernie Marsden SE are the "Korean version" of...what American PRS pickups? (the SC 245s? SC 250?).

Thanks in advance.

The stock pickups are the se245 pickups which are supposed to mirror the 245 usa pickups.

Basically any hot PAF style pickup should do the trick. The stock bridge is 10.6-ish. I went a little lower, down to 8.8 and 7.8 in the neck on mine and it just screams. I really like unpotted pickups when they are built by a quality builder. The dimarzio 36th anniversary paf is a great choice as well and a bit closer to the stock spec for output.

Moving to high quality pots, switch, and jack will have a big benefit. I wired mine "50's style" and just love it. The controls are very alive.

Back