PRS Pedals

I can’t believe I watched the whole thing.

Very cool to learn about the relationship between Paul and Nik, I never learned that much about him or his guitars.

I like flangers... but seriously, WTF would you do with a double flanger? I feel the best flangers have the least amount of parameters. They should just do the thickest “whoosh”, like you plug in and immediately sound like “A Forest” by the Cure, nothing else is needed.

Double Flanders?

o-NED-FLANDERS-facebook.jpg

o-NED-FLANDERS-facebook.jpg

I really hope that PRS doesn't get into the pedal business. In all seriousness, the pedal market is so over-saturated (pun intended) with pedals being so similar from different manufacturers, or even so similar within a product line (e.g., 5 OD's from one brand) that it's just getting ridiculous now. Fender just released a range of pedals. Unless PRS does something completely unique and original (like the TC Toneprint concept) how will they differentiate their offerings from the thousands of other pedals out there? Sure, a bunch of people will buy them because they are PRS (you know you're going to get a quality product) but other than generating a whole lot of $199 sales, which seems to be the going rate for most new pedals, I'm not sure I see the point of yet another pedal brand.

Of course, if they came out with a Private Stock program, where you could pick your own resistors, capacitors, enclosure material, paint color, etc., then they might be on to something! o_O

I'd buy an Archon overdrive pedal! I really like all these "amp in a box" style pedals. some of the Friedman ones are excellent. I know the pedal market is saturated, but I feel like it doesn't matter too much, its much easier to drop a couple of hundred quid (1 British pound sterling, for anyone not from the UK) than to drop a few thousand on an amp.

"Wakester said: So would they do a standard, se, core and PS line?"
And probably a Bolt-on line that would allow pedal stacking without cables and 1 switch to activate all of them!

I really hope that PRS doesn't get into the pedal business. In all seriousness, the pedal market is so over-saturated (pun intended) with pedals being so similar from different manufacturers, or even so similar within a product line (e.g., 5 OD's from one brand) that it's just getting ridiculous now.

I feel the same way!

The world needs another Klon clone

'horsemeat' ;) could just be a windup, but then they have the guys in house with the talent to do all that, and there is a market for pedals. The PRS brand means quality, and even F have started a new line which looks to be well received ie profitable

Yeesh, the last thing this world needs is another pedal manufacturer.

And yet, I'll probably buy some if PRS makes them. Go figure.

If I could make a couple requests - don't make another tubescreamer, and make your drive pedals tweakable to fit a plethora of amps, like Friedman does with their low and high end controls. I'm over these pedals that sound good through a BF Deluxe, and that's it. Oh, and make them paisley.

I really hope that PRS doesn't get into the pedal business. In all seriousness, the pedal market is so over-saturated (pun intended) with pedals being so similar from different manufacturers, or even so similar within a product line (e.g., 5 OD's from one brand) that it's just getting ridiculous now. Fender just released a range of pedals. Unless PRS does something completely unique and original (like the TC Toneprint concept) how will they differentiate their offerings from the thousands of other pedals out there? Sure, a bunch of people will buy them because they are PRS (you know you're going to get a quality product) but other than generating a whole lot of $199 sales, which seems to be the going rate for most new pedals, I'm not sure I see the point of yet another pedal brand.

Of course, if they came out with a Private Stock program, where you could pick your own resistors, capacitors, enclosure material, paint color, etc., then they might be on to something! o_O
Hey i hope PRS get into it big style as they will be quality, well made, sound great and will definatly sell by the thousands, and make Paul more rich! and take there turnover way up from $50m

Back