PRS Paul's Guitar VS PRS Studio

Sheena_Ringo

Hi, I wonder if there is anyone who has both models? If so, plz share your thoughts about which one is more versatile/suitable for session work?

I have both McCarty and Paul's Guitar, now PRS is releasing 2021 Studio model, I wonder if I should sell the Paul's Guitar and get the Studio instead.(In my city there is no PRS dealer, so I can't A/B them side by side)

Personally I like tremolo bar and I think it is more suitable for session work. So plz let me know what your thoughts, thank you!

They're both great guitars, but they're pretty different. I own and love both a Paul's Guitar and a 2011 Studio.

The thing a Studio will do that a Paul's Guitar won't is stratocaster-like out of phase sounds in pickup switch positions 2 and 4. I wouldn't give a PG up for a Studio unless I wanted those particular strat-like sounds.

I wouldn't hesitate to sell one of the ones you have for a Studio. It's a very versatile guitar and quite different from what you have. 5 way, 3 pickups, and trem

I can't speak to the Studio, as I haven't played one, and also, I'm not a big trem guy. I know a guy that could be interested in your Paul's Guitar if you decided to sell it.

It's me. I'm the guy. I'm interested. (Haha, my wife might not be stoked on that, but what can you do? It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Right?)

I'm sure you'll have no problem selling if that's what you choose to do, but as we are all guilty of on here, why sell when you can just add one to the stable!

I can't speak to the Studio, as I haven't played one, and also, I'm not a big trem guy. I know a guy that could be interested in your Paul's Guitar if you decided to sell it.

It's me. I'm the guy. I'm interested. (Haha, my wife might not be stoked on that, but what can you do? It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Right?)

I'm sure you'll have no problem selling if that's what you choose to do, but as we are all guilty of on here, why sell when you can just add one to the stable!

True, lol. I think I might consider about the DGT too

I’ve played a Core Studio, and have an S2 Studio (which I freaking LOVE), but just speaking generally about a HSS (or HNN, I suppose) vs 2HB setup, I think it’s very wise to have a HSS/HNN guitar in the arsenal. I was amazed at how often I found myself reaching for the S2 Studio after I bought it, for those tones the other 2HB guitars can’t get, like the 2/4 positions.

Another one you might consider is the Special Semi Hollow, if you really want the full humbucker neck tone, but still have the 2/4 sound.

I’ve played a Core Studio, and have an S2 Studio (which I freaking LOVE), but just speaking generally about a HSS (or HNN, I suppose) vs 2HB setup, I think it’s very wise to have a HSS/HNN guitar in the arsenal. I was amazed at how often I found myself reaching for the S2 Studio after I bought it, for those tones the other 2HB guitars can’t get, like the 2/4 positions.

Another one you might consider is the Special Semi Hollow, if you really want the full humbucker neck tone, but still have the 2/4 sound.

Thanks, personally I prefer solid body guitar, but I have to say the Special Semi Hollow sounds really good!

I am just not sure if I should get the Studio, since I have the McCarty and Paul's Guitar already, I know they are all different beats, lol. I understand what you mean for the 2/4 sound, I have a Strat and I use the 2/4 sound a lot, they are very useful for the rhythm section

If you’re gonna move one, I would move the McCarty. I’ve had both, and the Paul’s, for me, is definitely a keeper. However, if you really want versatile, sell the Paul’s and grab an Experience ME-V.

Actually I love both McCarty and Paul's. The ME-V is way too expensive for me tho, thanks for your advise!

Back