PRS Parlors

Any information on the nut width and the string spacing at the saddle? They don't show up on the website or else I wasn't looking in the right place...

-Ray

In truth, I hadn't watched the video before I posted it. I went back later and watched it, and wow, the guitar sounds awesome. I love the fact that it was still in tune when he got it, too.

I've watched Davy's and Bryan's videos so far, but not yet for Justin's. It didn't take much to sell me on this - the first thought I had when I heard it was "Robert Johnson". It just had that classic voicing and tone.

This is the most brilliantly timed launch I’ve ever been aware of. A huge hats off to the PR department. With the sound, quality and price point, I smell money being printed. It should help get PRS out of the Covid hellhole a lot faster!

That's absolutely incredible, but let's be honest - he makes cigar boxes and shovels sound about that good too, so I think that's 99.9% the player. If there's one guy I'd love to be able to play like on acoustic, it's him. I just started fingerpicking within the last year and a half and I've made a lot of progress, but what this guy does isn't even on my radar - it's just nice to see and hear...

This little guitar IS tempting, but its similar enough to my CEO-7, I don't think I can rationalize it...

-Ray

I've watched Davy's and Bryan's videos so far, but not yet for Justin's. It didn't take much to sell me on this - the first thought I had when I heard it was "Robert Johnson". It just had that classic voicing and tone.

Damn you people!!!!!!!!!!

I have largely conceded what I need next is an acoustic. I have a bunch of nice electrics, including my newest Santana. but only one acoustic. It's a nice guitar, a Seagull S6. Nice tone and I like playing it. And for some reason I have really wanted to play acoustic a lot lately.

I want a Special SH or a McCarty 594. But if I base the next purchase on filling a void or on logic, it should be an acoustic. so I have decided on the new Martin SC-13E or the Martin 000 Clapton model. The only decision is which one of these.

But then I watched the Truefire McManus video and the Davy Knowles and the Bryan Ewald Videos and now I'm really confused. And then comes this thread. That little parl;or looks really nice and Bryan demoed an SE that was just gorgeous. I need to go back and find that.

I hate it when you people try to coerce me into using logic and facts:rolleyes:

Damn you people!!!!!!!!!!

I have largely conceded what I need next is an acoustic. I have a bunch of nice electrics, including my newest Santana. but only one acoustic. It's a nice guitar, a Seagull S6. Nice tone and I like playing it. And for some reason I have really wanted to play acoustic a lot lately.

I want a Special SH or a McCarty 594. But if I base the next purchase on filling a void or on logic, it should be an acoustic. so I have decided on the new Martin SC-13E or the Martin 000 Clapton model. The only decision is which one of these.

But then I watched the Truefire McManus video and the Davy Knowles and the Bryan Ewald Videos and now I'm really confused. And then comes this thread. That little parl;or looks really nice and Bryan demoed an SE that was just gorgeous. I need to go back and find that.

I hate it when you people try to coerce me into using logic and facts:rolleyes:
Here's some more logic and fact: it's pretty cheap, all things considered. You know what you have to do!

What bodia said. I bought a gorgeous Larrivee a little over 20 years ago - my wife still says it's her favorite guitar ever. I have one of the original SE Angelus models - it's not quite as good, but it's pretty damn close. What the SE line has done, though, is let me branch out and get a couple different acoustic models that I likely wouldn't have gotten at a Martin/Larrivee/Taylor price point, the primary logic being if I don't like it after the initial infatuation period, I'm not going to be out a lot if I have to move it on.

But I've bought a lot more electrics than I have acoustics, because that's really where my heart lies. And when it comes to buying gear, you have to listen to your heart. Logic will tell you to buy X instead of Y because X fills a gaping hole while Y is pretty similar to that patching compound you have. But the heart is persistent and will tell you "great job filling that hole, but man, that crack is annoying...if only you had some more patching compound..."

Back