PRS Parlors

Damn you people!!!!!!!!!!

I have largely conceded what I need next is an acoustic. I have a bunch of nice electrics, including my newest Santana. but only one acoustic. It's a nice guitar, a Seagull S6. Nice tone and I like playing it. And for some reason I have really wanted to play acoustic a lot lately.

I want a Special SH or a McCarty 594. But if I base the next purchase on filling a void or on logic, it should be an acoustic. so I have decided on the new Martin SC-13E or the Martin 000 Clapton model. The only decision is which one of these.

But then I watched the Truefire McManus video and the Davy Knowles and the Bryan Ewald Videos and now I'm really confused. And then comes this thread. That little parl;or looks really nice and Bryan demoed an SE that was just gorgeous. I need to go back and find that.

I hate it when you people try to coerce me into using logic and facts:rolleyes:

Yeah, doncha hate it when your GAS flares up?

Well, mine showed up today. I had ordered the mahogany front one but they sent this instead by mistake. They promised to make it right but if I send it back I have to wait three weeks until it's back in stock, plus shipping time so almost a month. I don't want to wait a month and frankly I actually prefer this finish. But this is a guitar I'm sharing with my daughter to motivate her to play (I've been teaching her) and I let her choose the finish. So she had to decide if she can live with this and so far she is saying 'keep it' so I'm going with that.

I'm quite happy with it, everything about it is top notch. Nice sound, not booming full bass like a dreadnought but you don't expect that in a parlor. As advertised, nice tones that emphasizes the mids which I like a lot. This is not the one with the piezoelectric pickup in it, just plain acoustic. The only nit I have is the ebony fretboard looks sort of dull. I've had a few guitars with ebony and they were all inky black with a bit of a sheen. This one seems sort matte charcoal more that that deep black that I'm used to. That's disappointing, I think they are likely using streaky ebony that they are dying and not getting the same look as a result. In the picture it seems like reddish color is showing through in parts but I think that's an optical illusion, PRS strung it strings wound in a copper colored wire so that's what looks reddish. Anyway it's a nit on a cosmetic item because the feel of it is exactly what I'm used to from ebony boards. Certainly I can live with that easily enough.

Really enjoying this new guitar!

NGD-PRS-P20.jpg

The best demo I've seen of this is by this guy, sick playing. I cannot do what he does in this video!

Whoa dragon! Still tryin to untangle my fingers just from watching that blizzard of skill. Puts me in mind of Mark O'Connor with mandolins lurking in the wings. Good Stuff Maynard!

Back