PRS Parlor Pickguards ?

senmen

Guys,

I see that the three different resp six different parlors are shown with and without pickguards?
Are these generally packed by or can someone clarify?

Thank you!
Oliver

I haven’t seen any without. The black on black can look like there is no pick guard, but you will notice a third of the rosette has a gap in the outer ring. That is where the pick guard is covering it. I could be wrong, so if you have a link to one without, post it.

I don't know if these are sold this way, but some makers sell the guitar with the pick guard in the case so the customer has the choice to put it on or not.

H
Stephen,
here is a mahogany one at a local dealer without the pickguard

https://www.facebook.com/100041545332562/posts/285264706201705/?d=n

Greetz
Oliver
Ha! Clicked and it said,”Content not found.”
I do believe you though. I think I would prefer one without.
If you prefer without, a heat gun and patiently peeling it up usually works without pulling any finish off (usually). If it is an older guitar it will have a tan line where the pick guard was, but if you do it early in the guitars life, you won’t notice. If it doesn’t work out, you can typically cover it back up with a new guard.

Stephen,
don’t know why the link is not working. Sorry!
Well either they have the pickguard shipped separately with the guitar or they do different
runs.
Thank you!

Greetz
Oliver

Stephen,
don’t know why the link is not working. Sorry!
Well either they have the pickguard shipped separately with the guitar or they do different
runs.
Thank you!

Greetz
Oliver
Your link is to a Facebook post - there are dozens of reasons why it cannot be seen, that's why I generally don't link to FB.

However, every single image of the new parlor guitars that I have seen, and I just did a search to be sure, have pickguards.

So not sure what that dealer is showing a photo of.

Shinksma,
Sorry for that. Thought the forum is able to have photos directly uploaded.
The dealer here is offering two Parlors and both don’t have a pickguard.

So I think there are different ones coming out of the factory. My local dealer definitely has two without guards and also not delivered as accessory.

Yes will do definitely. I bought the A50E VS just two weeks ago and it is gorgeous aswell.

I noticed a dealer in the UK and one in Austria that each have two without pickguards for sale on Reverb. They look great!

Maybe they're from early in the run and PRS decided later to add pickguards? Or maybe something is different for Europe...

Mine arrived this morning!
2nd PRS within a week, had only just bought a silver sky! And then i saw this come up!
Im from the UK
No pickguard and not a spare one within the box/bag/case candy
Sounds amazing
Did come in tune, quailty is great
But does smell of glue! Not sure if thats normal or not with new acoustics? Ive only ever bought used before!

9H44NXk.jpeg

Congrats @MFfromhell15! I took the liberty of fixing the link so the pic is available here. Nice Silver Sky, too - Dodgem Blue is on my list!

Back