PRS P24 Questions

clcwarlock

Which P24 colors have Natural back opposed to black painted back? It looks like Eriza Verde is natural back from the press release but I just saw one at Brian's Guitars
that has a painted black back.

What does Vintage smokeburst look like? There is no picture on the web site.

Does the P24 use a McCarty thickness like the P22 or is the body the same as a custom 24?

If you order one of these P24's now with a deposit does it count toward the "Thank you Package Promotion" or is it only good when it is paid for in full before the contest ends.

Does anyone know how long the piezo battery last?

You really need to get with a good quality dealer who can answer, or get answers to all of your questions. They can leave a natural back with any top color, but the question is "will" they. PRS just won't do certain options outside of their custom shop. Although, sometimes they do make exceptions. It only hurts to ask if they say no. ( ha,ha ) As far as vintage smoke burst, or any other color for that matter, just google it. If a link doesn't come up to get you to one, search in google images. The body of the P24 is the same thickness as a regular Custom 24 as far as I know, but I believe that private stocks have been built with the thicker cut. I think its only an 1/8" though. Its my understanding that the battery only energizes the circut when its on. All of these and your other questions can be answered by your dealer. I have the piezo in my gtrs and it adds a new dimension to the gtr that is definately worth the investment. Although not designed for piezo equipped solid-body electrics, I, among others, use an Aura spectum pedal with it to add a touch more depth. I bought this pedal for the ghost system installed in my Custom 24. I recently got another with the PRS/LRBaggs piezo system and it is far superior. It has alot of the depth aleady that the ghost system lacked. I still use th Aura pedal, but it sounds good without it too. If I were you, I would not hesitate to get a P24......or to ask the right people the right questions..... you just might get the right answers and that right answer might be a "yes"!!!!

The P22 is available with "Special Order Finish", which will allow you to have a natural back with many finishes. Probably the P24 can be ordered that way also.

Eriza Verde Smokeburst w/ Natural Back, Fire Red Burst w/ Natural Back
Those are the 2 colors that are available on the P24 with Natural Backs

The P24 Gitar is built with McCarty Thickness

In my experience the battery last Apprx 300 hours of playing time

Back