PRS P22 battery question

RickD67

So I have a PRS P22 (Piezo22) and I am one of those guys that likes to leave his guitar plugged in on the stand next to the amp all the time. I have searched high and low but I cant find an answer to my question. My question is if I leave the guitar plugged in and have the micro-switch in the OFF position is their still a drain on the 9V battery?? TIA for any replies! BTW I absolutely love this guitar it is so versatile, beautiful and the tuning stability is amazing!

IMG-2505.jpg

I am not sure the answer (someone else will surely know).
But my 2 cents worth......Do yourself a favor and take a second to unplug it. Just to be careful. While perhaps not as fragile as the cliche Les Paul, bad stuff does happen. Case in point.....I once got a great deal on a damaged original Custom 24. Seems the drummer had bounded off the crowded stage, caught his foot on the cord....The guitar hit the floor and the headstock broke clean off. I was happy to be able to pick it up for $800, but the original owner took a pretty big hit. (It DID play perfectly after being repaired, but.......)

Thanks for the replies, I guess I have to get used to unplugging it after use.

I used to leave my guitar plugged in all the time. Because I had one playable guitar. When I got a second playable guitar, better than the first, I left it plugged in all the time, rarely used the other one. It wasn't until I got a third playable guitar, of equal playability as far as I was concerned, that I started to get into the habit of unplugging.

I now swap instruments so frequently that I pretty well have to leave stuff unplugged - at gigs I swap between 2 to 4 instruments, and at practice up to about 6. But I'm wireless using a G30 mostly with the belt-loop transmitter, so the instrument has to get unplugged for me to put it down.

Back