PRS P20e Tuners

Lionel from Paris

Hello from Paris/France

I just receive my beautiful P20e Black Top.
As good as expected.
BUT, I'd like to change the tuners, with Waverly Tuners for exemple.
Is it possible ?
Does it need a complexe and problematic work ?

Thanks for your help...

Lionel

I have a P20e in black.

I need to replace the cheap tuners as one button, on the low E has split in two from the tuner shaft.

Can anyone recommend replacement tuners which will not require new screw holes?

Thanks

Hello,

Long time lurker, just registered so I can't post links yet. I just went through this issue with my year-old P20. The problem you'll run into is the thickness of the headstock - it's a whopping 19mm thick.

After a long search, I found that Stewmac makes a drop-in replacement under their Golden Age brand. Like I mentioned, I can't yet post a link yet, but here's the description:

Golden Age Restoration Guitar Tuners 3+3, Bright nickel. Item #2516

They're 15:1 ratio, and drop right in, no modifications necessary. I didn't even change the bushings. They come in bright nickel or aged, and are a real joy to use compared to the originals.

I hope this helps!

Thank you, that's exactly what I've been looking for.
I'll have a look at getting some asap.

Hello,

Long time lurker, just registered so I can't post links yet. I just went through this issue with my year-old P20. The problem you'll run into is the thickness of the headstock - it's a whopping 19mm thick.

After a long search, I found that Stewmac makes a drop-in replacement under their Golden Age brand. Like I mentioned, I can't yet post a link yet, but here's the description:

Golden Age Restoration Guitar Tuners 3+3, Bright nickel. Item #2516

They're 15:1 ratio, and drop right in, no modifications necessary. I didn't even change the bushings. They come in bright nickel or aged, and are a real joy to use compared to the originals.

I hope this helps!
Great info.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Well, yes. It’s supposed to!

I like mine though, after taking some time to set it up. No mods, just had to take about an inch off the saddle height! Plus a little fret levelling, dress and polish.

Thank you Uncle Bob. I was wondering how different the scale length feels compared to a full size guitar, as far as frets being closer together, etc. I'll be trying one at a local music shop this week, so I will find out.

Thank you Uncle Bob. I was wondering how different the scale length feels compared to a full size guitar, as far as frets being closer together, etc. I'll be trying one at a local music shop this week, so I will find out.
Scale length is 24.72 -- about the same as my Gibson Southern Jumbo, which is a big guitar.

Back