PRS P-90 guitars history

H2-DGT

Is there a comprehensive listing online of the P-90 equipped guitars made by PRS, historically?

Thanks, I am considering a PRS w P-90s to fill out my gap between the DGT and 305. The examples on YouTube etc sound brilliant.

Someone will probably remember more, but these are the ones I have thought of.

SE's:
SE soapbar, SE soapbar 2 maple, SE singlecut soapbar, SE one, SE soapbar satin, SE semi-hallow soapbar

S2:
S2 Semi-hallow soapbar, S2 satin soapbar, S2 SC soapbar

Core:
McCarty soapbar (McSoapy), Cu22 soapbar, Cu22 3 soapbars (trem and stoptail), Ted SC McSoapy, 594 soapbar, Mira 245 soapbar, SC satin soapbar

I'm sure there are others, but this is probably most of them.

I'll add just one, the short-lived Starla X was available with soapbars as well, as an option (you could get it in either P90 or humbucker configs).

They did S2s with P90s?!?! When? I don't doubt you, I just don't recall ever seeing them (which makes sense since I am not big into P90s, lol)...
You may be right, I'm remembering something like limited runs but those may have been SE's. But more importantly, how can you be "ho hum" about P90's?! They are some of the best pups in existence!

LOL, yeah...P90s sound great. I play with just enough too much gain live that I get a pretty ugly hum/buzz. I am not a fan of noise gates, so despite my better efforts they just don't work for me.

I have the SC594 SoapBar and it’s totally unique and worth having along with my standard SC594.

+1

Also have owned McCarty Soapbar, McCarty Rosewood Soapbar, CU22 Soapbar with maple fretboard, CU22 Soapbar with rosewood fretboard.

And still have a 1965 SG Special with Soapbars from back in the day.

I must really like them... :)

Back