PRS ONLY? What else do you play?

3 PRSi (CU22, P22, '12 Experience SAS Desert Foil)
2 Gibson Les Pauls
1 Gibson Flying V
1 Fender Strat
2 Warmoth Strats
1 Italia Rimini
1 Thorn Artisan Master
1 soon to be delivered Thorn Limited Series #1 Artisan
1 Breedlove 6-string
1 Breedlove 12-string

Last edited:
3 PRSi: P22; SCHBI; SE ZM
1 LP Goldtop w/P90's
1 American Deluxe Strat
1 Breedlove Voice Concert

I'm another new PRS convert - I hardly touch my other electrics since I got my P22, but I like a lot of different guitars:

IMG_4242-Crop_zpsbaa65388.jpg

Love my Fenders:

4Fenders-1.jpg

Golden era Ibanez are awesome, original Japanese Super '58 pickups are very close to 57/08's:

IMG_2970.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

I also have several acoustics, a mandolin, and a couple more basses. I really need to update my pictures, as I have bought and sold a number of guitars in the last couple years.

Tom

I have only had my PRS ME for a week or so. It seems to be all settled in and the set up has been tweaked. It is a really great guitar. But I still love to hit my Tele or Strat through a tweed. Crank up the champ with the Lester Paul and bang on Humming Bird for awhile.

What else are you guys playing?

Still have my '77 Strat because my Mother bought if for me when I was 15. Pure junk. The pegs were 9:1, and a neck gap big enough for me to pull side2side a few degrees. It's the most comfortable design ever, but still garbage.

Acoustic, it's a Larrivee D-09. Cool to see other Larrivee lovers here - great, great guitars. I actually got into an argument with a Martin endorser because she couldn't accept that I thought the Larrivee sounded better than the Martins I tried.

Electrics, if I'm not playing PRS, it's any of an LP Pro ('82, I think), US Jackson Rhoads, EBMM Petrucci, EVH Striped (black & yellow, thank you very much), a MIM Strat that a certain guitar guru transformed from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan, a Hamer Duo-Tone formerly owned by Mike Keneally (of Dethklok/Satriani/Zappa/Z), a Hamer Eclipse or a Charvel Model 4.

My first quality all-wood acoustic was a Larrivee LSV-11 and I had an "Islander" in flamed Koa for a bit.

A FEW other things gets some play time.....

Nice guitars from German luthiers: Nik Huber and Frank Hartung. Patriotism :D

DSCN9955.JPG

I named and depicted them already in the Family Photos thread, but anyways.

From left to right:

1995 Ibanez RG 570 CTAM (second hand, 2012)
1995 Duesenberg/Rockinger Rudvog (new, 1995)
2011 PRS 513 MT (new, 2011, modified in 2014)
2013 Linus Custom Thinline (new, 2013; custom made/master build by an Austrian luthier)
1995 Parker Fly Deluxe (second hand, 2000)
Max Mauluff Dentaster (second hand Legend Strat copy, modified by a dentist, who does DIY guitar making or modifying from time to time, his brand name is Max Mauluff, to a Deluxe Lone Star Strat RW in 2012)

My 513 is descripted well in this forum (513s thread, Modified Monday thread...), therefore I won´t lose a word about her.
Parker and Ibanez are (apart from the bridge pickup of the RG, V8 was wrecked, Seymour Duncan Custom Trembucker was installed) original standard models from the shelf, the Strat copy is nothing special aswell.

But I will highlight two other guitars, which are unique.

Let´s start with the Duesenberg/Rockinger Rudvog. 1993 the Rudvog was announced as a new guitar series. But they only produced five guitars, four with mahogany body, one with swamp ash. They sold all four made of mahogany whilst the swamp ash body and all parts remained in the shelf of the workshop.
In 1995 I was about spending money for a new guitar. I read an review about the Rudvog. Yeah! Want that!
Called up Rockinger: We only got the parts. You have to do DIY. No problem, got a skilled friend. He managed it. In 2005 I took it to a luthier in Munich for electrical service and he did some corrections of the neck angle. End of 2009 he put in an EMG 89 at bridge and a SA on neck position.

DSCN9965.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAK3o/IFmR4SC-hf8/w1143-h857-no/DSCN9972.JPG

DSCN9966.JPG

DSCN9969.JPG

DSCN9967.JPG

DSCN9968.JPG

DSCN9970.JPG

DSCN9971.JPG

The other lady is called Honey Amber. An Austrian luthier built (workshop at Lake Constance) this guitar from May to end of November in 2013. The outline has its role model in the NS-15, but construction and everything else is totally different (Material: body: Austrian sycamore maple for top, back, edge, and soundblock, more than 40 years old; neck: Austrian sycamore maple with four stripes of rosewood, both more than 40 years old; fretboard: Ebony.). Wide Fat neck shape, bones nut. The body is constructed likewise an acoustic guitar: (arched) top, (arched) back, and edge.
You see and feel the flames/grain because of the very thin lacquer (PU).

DSCN9973.JPG

DSCN9974.JPG

DSCN9979.JPG

(The autographes require some more information. Bottom: Very, very famous American guitarist and EBMM endorser. I met him by accident whilst I was shopping in Europe´s largest GC/Instrument Store (Thomann, Germany) and he was doing promotion for TC Electronics with a Meet and Greet. I put myself with my hollowbody as a foreign body into the row of waiting but event-aware Ibanez RGs and EBMM or Sterling owners and players... He was impressed signing such a guitar. Maybe you unreval the riddle.

The other autograph was signed by Aynsley Lister who´s a very famous Blues Rock guitarist from UK. He is the most prominent owner of a Linus guitar. I met him at a gig around my home first time while my guitar was under construction and for the second time approx. one year later at a gig in a village south of Frankfurt/Main. My guitar was ready, so I called him for an appointment. Finally he played a few minutes on my guitar before he started with his concert.)

DSCN9976.JPG

DSCN9975.JPG

DSCN9978.JPG

DSCN9977.JPG

DSCN9980.JPG

DSCN9981.JPG

DSCN9982.JPG

Okay, electronics: Four singlecoils paired to two humbuckers. Coil tapping due pulling the certain volume poti knob. There are no real tone potis but two six-way rotary switches that regulates the resonance frequency and transmissibility of each pickup (-pair) with certain condensers and resistors. Toggle on top switches between the magnetic pickups (neck - both - bridge). Toggle below switches: magnetic (top), magnetic and piezo-bridge (middle), and piezo-bridge (down).

Apart from - let me guess - tuners, strings, bridge (and fishman powership), toggles, security locks/pins everything was built by the luthier himself.

Last edited:
My first guitar; Early 90's Strat modded w/ Texas Special pickups, custom shop internals & gold anodized pick guard, and my ash American Tele.
strat_zpsdf8p5qwm.jpg
tele_zpsc0axlbjg.jpg

Last edited:
One of everything is my motto. My main guitar is a Highway One Telecaster. But I pull out the Strat, Firebird, ES125, Ephiphone Swingster and Les Paul Studio every now and then. My purple McCarty pretty much stays at home and my SE SoapbarII has been my main backup guitar. It is likely that the Korina McCarty I just got will make its way to co-main guitar and see plenty of action especially since my Tele is down and out for a bit. While changing strings the String Saver insert fell out of the low E saddle and disappeared down the same black hole that eats socks. Replacement saddles are on back order.

I'm currently at about a baker's dozen on guitars.

I just got a Tele Baja (two-tone sunburst) - love it! And another fairly recent acquisition is a LP Classic from 2005, which I put SD Alnico Pro II (slash signature) pups in. And of course I have a Brent Mason sig PRS. Nice variety, but not too much redundancy :)

Blue Blacktop Strat, Black bastard strat with mini humbucker in neck, White Lonestar Strat, Butterscotch Baja Tele, Sunburst American Standard Tele, Honeyburst Les Paul Studio Deluxe, Cherry SG, Reverend Volcano, Raspberry PRS, SE Custom 24.
I usually bring three or four to a practice or gig.

2 Jackson Broderick's trans red and trans white, strandberg Os 7, washburn dd81, fender Jim Root tele, EBMM jpxi, ltd hetfeild white cross, a chepo mandolin. I think that's it

I'm thinking of all the Bangin'! PRS and PS guitars that could happen if y'all sold these other guitars.

Back