PRS News - Queen Anne's County Office of the Sheriff

The original post was not from PRS, it was from the Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office. The PRS factory is located in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
I simply shared the sheriff's post because I am proud that PRS donated some PPE to those who are on the front lines of this crisis. PRS isn't the hero of this story, nor am I trying to make them out to be. Doctors, nurses, first responders, grocery store clerks, delivery people, truck drivers and a bunch of others are putting their lives on the line so we can argue semantics on a guitar forum. Be well, friends.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't! BUT...you can get temporary dental cement at the pharmacy(in the toothpaste aisle) and temporarily glue it back on until your dentist is allowed to do his/her job again. PM me if you have questions or need more info

joking about the glue, it stays on by suction — for the most part. serious about everything else tho, hang in there and believe me you are all appreciated and i can’t wait to get back to a dentist.

joking about the glue, it stays on by suction — for the most part. serious about everything else tho, hang in there and believe me you are all appreciated and i can’t wait to get back to a dentist.

Make sure that regluing a crown isn't considered an emergency procedure. Here in PA, it was not, but they revised the rule to allow it (as I understand it).

Normally it’s considered bad form to call attention your own charitable contribution... for the simple reason that it also calls into question your true motives. Was it a truly charitable act, or just a publicity stunt to improve your image? I’m not claiming it’s either one or that it can’t be a little of both, but it definitely taints a true act of charity :)

While there’s no doubt in my mind about the honorable motive here......frankly I don’t give a flying f*ck.
What a worthy and wonderful thing to do. Thank you PRS!

Last edited:
you know i wouldn’t be bothered if fender and gibson and anheuser-busch posted right here about donating masks and supplies. bring on the shameless self-promotion.

don-king-portrait-2.jpg

Make sure that regluing a crown isn't considered an emergency procedure. Here in PA, it was not, but they revised the rule to allow it (as I understand it).
My old Ferrari had a wisdom tooth crack three weeks ago. She scheduled an appoint for the next week. Two days before, the lady called her and said "you said you were not having any pain from this broken tooth. Is that still the case?" My Ferrari (one of the rare models that can talk even when it won't start) said, "no, it is starting to really hurt now. The whole side of my face hurts." The lady informed her that they were now "emergency only" appointments, so she had called to cancel but that if she was in pain they could go ahead with the appointment.

She said that when she got there she was to pull up to the door and someone would come to the door and take her name, and then park and stay in the car until they were ready. She said when they texted her to come in, one person met her at the door and took her straight to her treatment room and she didn't actually see one other person on the way. She said normally the dentist never closes the door when she's in there but the door was closed the whole time. Got the tooth fixed. I called just a little too late to ask them to look at the starter while she was there. Dangit

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally it’s considered bad form to call attention your own charitable contribution... for the simple reason that it also calls into question your true motives. Was it a truly charitable act, or just a publicity stunt to improve your image? I’m not claiming it’s either one or that it can’t be a little of both, but it definitely taints a true act of charity :)

What a douchey thing to say. Saying stuff like that says a lot about you.

Guitpicky...Nitpicky.

Blah blah blah blah...

(haha, he’ll keep getting reply notices but not know what is going on :p)

@Shawn@PRS , thanks for posting the Press Release from the Sheriff's office. I think that is an awesome thing to have done, and really appreciate that PRS is willing to help out anyway you guys can.

:thumbs_up:

(I have no idea if that smiley is easily accessed...)

As a “just a chef” who tries to keep local order, I appreciate PRS’ gesture, as currently we have no PPE.

I cannot see the comment that has enraged people. I do not wish to read it, negativity has no place here!

Blackplaid is correct, the “ignore” feature helps to rid my displeasure of having to read such comments.

From Tosca’s comment, I deduce that it came from a member who made negative comments sometime ago, directed toward me.

My thoughts are that the person responsible has no place here. This is serial behaviour that should not be tolerated!

From Tosca’s comment, I deduce that it came from a member who made negative comments sometime ago, directed toward me.

Oh come on, man! I told you I was just kidding when I said "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." I don't even know what elderberries are! And I thought you guys from across the pond thought that was funny.

Oh come on, man! I told you I was just kidding when I said "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." I don't even know what elderberries are! And I thought you guys from across the pond thought that was funny.
I think you should taunt him a second time!

Back