PRS News - Queen Anne's County Office of the Sheriff

Normally it’s considered bad form to call attention your own charitable contribution... for the simple reason that it also calls into question your true motives. Was it a truly charitable act, or just a publicity stunt to improve your image? I’m not claiming it’s either one or that it can’t be a little of both, but it definitely taints a true act of charity :)

Normally it’s considered bad form to call attention your own charitable contribution... for the simple reason that it also calls into question your true motives. Was it a truly charitable act, or just a publicity stunt to improve your image? I’m not claiming it’s either one or that it can’t be a little of both, but it definitely taints a true act of charity :)

It could just be Shawn was sitting at home like the rest of us, and was proud that his workplace did something positive and wanted to share it with his buddies on the forum.

Anyone who’s been around long enough knows that PRS doesn’t really look at this place as a viable marketing tool anymore. It’s an old swing set that they’ve outgrown and just leave open for other kids to play on.

I realize this may be impossible for you but... Don’t be a d!ck

Boy, you've been on a roll lately. Down hill.

Shawn shared this with us in their own forum. This is not Lester Holt on the national news. There have been what, 2o comments? Wow, that's bragging to the masses.

Don't know what's gotten into you lately, but not digging it. :rolleyes:

Or it might inspire others to find their own way of contributing...
I guess if someone is just a negative ******** they can find misery and fault in even the most positive act.
I prefer to applaud the move and consider it a challenge to find ways I can contribute and do something positive.
You do you.

In fairness to the guy now getting skewered for the comment, the thought had crossed my mind. I'm cynical enough that if a media company or other company closely tied to the public, where they could reap a public relations advantage for the publicity did it, I'd have had the same opinion as he did. Then as soon as I thought that, I realized who we were getting the info from. PRS had just been forced to close and they could sit on their inventory or they could give it to those who desperately need them. They made the selfless call. Letting us know about it was just because they could. Like two friends talking about current events over a beer (well a virtual beer anyway).

I'm grateful to know and I'm grateful for nice guys in a good company.

The original post was not from PRS, it was from the Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office. The PRS factory is located in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
I simply shared the sheriff's post because I am proud that PRS donated some PPE to those who are on the front lines of this crisis. PRS isn't the hero of this story, nor am I trying to make them out to be. Doctors, nurses, first responders, grocery store clerks, delivery people, truck drivers and a bunch of others are putting their lives on the line so we can argue semantics on a guitar forum. Be well, friends.

In fairness to the guy now getting skewered for the comment, the thought had crossed my mind. I'm cynical enough that if a media company or other company closely tied to the public, where they could reap a public relations advantage for the publicity did it, I'd have had the same opinion as he did.

While that part is fair, a little perspective is in order before posting something like that. This is not some food or beverage product, or toy company or something like that, to which the publicity would be legitimate marketing. Would you even buy one 6 pack of Coors Light, if they were the one that did this, if you were a Bud Light drinker? Even one 6 pack? Probably not. Then what are the odds that someone who was about ready to drop $5K for a Gibson sees this and says "that's a company I want to do business with because of what they just did. I'm buying a PRS instead." I'd say the odds are 0%.

That said, given the recent "body of recent work" I'm thinking someone is not being skewered at all, but getting off relatively easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of you know that LE was my profession for over 30 years prior to retirement in 2019. This kind of thing makes me proud to own PRS guitars, and I can't begin to tell you how much of a difference this makes to keeping your PD operational during a disaster.

Hats off to PRS. This recently retired Police Chief AND long-time PRS player thanks you for supporting public safety in this unprecedented emergency response effort.

Good people do good things, whether there’s a spotlight or not. And showing that done publicly can encourage others to do the same.

If the negativity means you’re in pain or suffering, my DMs are open if you need someone to talk to. We’ve all got something weighing on us like a 70’s Lester.

Good people do good things, whether there’s a spotlight or not. And showing that done publicly can encourage others to do the same.

I agree. Plus, whatever the Sheriff did with this pic/info was, or may have been, a public thing. Maybe the sheriff put this pic and story in the newspaper. Don't know. But if they did, THEY shared the story, not PRS. Shawn showing it here, was just sharing it with the "already faithful," and not a big publicity marketing piece.

Dude...WTF??? I'll assume you've read all the posts and now know that the OP was a shared story from the Sheriff's office.

But...Let's look at it from other side...
If you've been out anywhere lately, you've seen that businesses are closed. Lots of them. How many of these businesses will be able to re-open their doors once the coronavirus situation is over? Not open = no income. Sure, there's some help from the SBA...once they figure out how the bill they passed is supposed to work and how the banks are supposed to handle the applications and how the applications are supposed to be submitted(this changed 3 times from the time of the bill passing of Friday to Sunday night). So any marketing that can bring eyes to your business in these times is a good thing. If this was simply a marketing ploy by PRS, good for them for thinking it up and advertising it. Who knows how long this is all going to last, so anything a business can do to keep their name in a positive light is simply good marketing(which has already been stated was not the case here)

And yes, I know what I'm talking about. If you can't infer from my Forum name, I am a dentist. A profession who's own governing body has deemed non-essential. I have a long standing practice that should come out of this ok(barring a months long shut down), a new/start-up specialty practice that has yet to see a profit that is in danger of going under, and hopes of offering these services into a second market were slammed shut by the shutdown.

Sorry Forum Brothers for the rant.

Dude...WTF??? I'll assume you've read all the posts and now know that the OP was a shared story from the Sheriff's office.

But...Let's look at it from other side...
If you've been out anywhere lately, you've seen that businesses are closed. Lots of them. How many of these businesses will be able to re-open their doors once the coronavirus situation is over? Not open = no income. Sure, there's some help from the SBA...once they figure out how the bill they passed is supposed to work and how the banks are supposed to handle the applications and how the applications are supposed to be submitted(this changed 3 times from the time of the bill passing of Friday to Sunday night). So any marketing that can bring eyes to your business in these times is a good thing. If this was simply a marketing ploy by PRS, good for them for thinking it up and advertising it. Who knows how long this is all going to last, so anything a business can do to keep their name in a positive light is simply good marketing(which has already been stated was not the case here)

And yes, I know what I'm talking about. If you can't infer from my Forum name, I am a dentist. A profession who's own governing body has deemed non-essential. I have a long standing practice that should come out of this ok(barring a months long shut down), a new/start-up specialty practice that has yet to see a profit that is in danger of going under, and hopes of offering these services into a second market were slammed shut by the shutdown.

Sorry Forum Brothers for the rant.

i think you’re essential! and not just because my crown fell off and i am this close to gluing it back myself.

i think you’re essential! and not just because my crown fell off and i am this close to gluing it back myself.

Please don't! BUT...you can get temporary dental cement at the pharmacy(in the toothpaste aisle) and temporarily glue it back on until your dentist is allowed to do his/her job again. PM me if you have questions or need more info

Back