PRS new guy....Is this a fake?

Alnus, I love Google translation I had written (night birds) and that's what I was offered night owls! I will be good one day I promise!

You’re all good my friend.

My ability with other languages is sadly lacking.

I have a hard enough time with English. Just before Alan or Howie chips in!

That would definitely be a 10 top, does it have the 10 marked on the rear right ear on the back of the headstock like 10 tops normally do? Your picture cuts it off so we can’t see it.

I could see that being the case, but I would have to ask "why"? I'm no tech and certainly not a luthier but really? How does it play? If it is legit (not saying it isn't) it should be a pretty special machine.

Getting a different radius and a thinner neck profile, and possibly a different type of frets. Not that unusual really. I had the same thing done to one of my guitars before (not a PRS; besides I wouldn't want to loose the birds :)).

Getting a different radius and a thinner neck profile, and possibly a different type of frets. Not that unusual really. I had the same thing done to one of my guitars before (not a PRS; besides I wouldn't want to loose the birds :)).
I get the desire to make a good instrument better, but I am still of the mind that altering the physical characteristics (curve, radius, profile...) to me means starting with a different guitar. Not saying it isn't or can't be a viable alternative, just my personal view on it. I only have two PRS guitars and I'm extremely pleased with both of them. They feel right to me, and that's why I really enjoy playing them. If they felt different, they'd be gone and I would replace them with something that did fit my preferences. Electronics and tonality are another thing entirely, we all lust for that magic combination and sound. But for me it starts with the fit and feel. It has to be there at the onset.

What gets me the most is that there's nothing out there on the internet (which totally existed in 2010) talking about a limited, 20-piece run called "Fade LTD." I'd like to think there would've been some information about it.

Also, the birds are interesting (I could totally see somebody spec'ing out black-shadow birds on their PS order) but the edges of the headstock face look "off" to me. Otherwise, most of the tell-tale signs do appear legit.

I have never heard of a Fade LTD , Parts of the guitar look right , but modified , the headstock veneer looks like an SE to me and from the picture the routes for the knobs look to big. I would need to see the ModCat # under the pickup and a confirm from PRS or its a PASS

How to confirm from PRS,tell me what to do, please

What the hell is a Fade LTD? What's going on with those birds?
The fact that Hans doesn't recognize the model, but many people think it's legit, means they really went all in on this fake.

Some tells seem to be the sharpie to write on the headstock, the weird painted headstock. Also "standard" neck shape? Was that a thing? The "Fade" writing on the back is also not really straight either.

They certainly did not skimp on the wood.

The tuning buttons seems to be 10 years older than the rest of the guitar, and don't really match the rest of it.

The knobs seem cloudy instead of clear.

Maybe someone got a bunch of parts, including a CE neck (in flamed maple?!) and made their own body.

The tag looks spot on legit to me. Ditto the guitar. Why bother faking something rare / unusual that's going to raise questions - fake something easy if you're going to do it. Also 20 guitars out of (currently) 300,000 - no big deal there's nothing on the web about them. In the absence of a response from PRS I think some photos of the PUs / PU cavities, control cavity insides, and the case would go along way to resolving is it legit or not. Also - the birds... maybe the Faded Ltd means faded birds?

Last edited:
PRS网页上的客户服务页面

论坛主页底部还有一个联系我们按钮
通过电子邮件将序列号发送给 PRS 客户服务,他们应该回复有关吉他的信息。
WX20220815-235521.png

我从未听说过 Fade LTD,吉他的某些部分看起来不错,但经过修改后,琴头贴面在我看来就像 SE,从图片上看旋钮的路线看起来很大。我需要在皮卡下查看 ModCat # 并从 PRS 确认或通过
WX20220815-235521.png

Back