PRS New Guy.... Hopefully!

dbrian66

Hello everyone. I am a hobby guitar player. I currently own about 30 guitars, but no PRSs. And I live in Maryland, so it seems like I should have at least one! LOL. I am about to change that hopefully.

But I need some help. I don’t know much about the guitars. Are there a lot of fakes? How do you spots them? Questions about different models? You get the idea. This is the first step in this journey for me. Learning as much as I can from you guys and gals.

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are a few knowledgeable people here that will more than happy to help you spend your money (giggle).

There are fakes, but if you’re concerned share a pic here and we will soon tell you.

Also lots of reputable dealers that will keep you right.

Looking forward to your PRS journey.

Welcome, stranger. We are happy to help you take the first steps of your journey to wisdom and excellence. Some decision paths for your voyage:

1. Cost. Well, I gotta ask: What's your budget? The PRS SE, S2 and Core lines offer several models at varying price points.

2. Solidbody or hollow/semi-hollow body style? Need a trem, or is a fixed bridge OK?

3. Playing style and sounds/needs: Hard rock? Blues and pop? Classic rock, jazz, industrial death metal? And do you need 24 frets or will 22 do?

We're always happy to spend your money here. (With 30 guitars already, hey, what's a few more, right?) As for fakes, they're out there, but for now, let's not worry about them.

=K

Welcome, stranger. We are happy to help you take the first steps of your journey to wisdom and excellence. Some decision paths for your voyage:

1. Cost. Well, I gotta ask: What's your budget? The PRS SE, S2 and Core lines offer several models at varying price points.

2. Solidbody or hollow/semi-hollow body style? Need a trem, or is a fixed bridge OK?

3. Playing style and sounds/needs: Hard rock? Blues and pop? Classic rock, jazz, industrial death metal? And do you need 24 frets or will 22 do?

We're always happy to spend your money here. (With 30 guitars already, hey, what's a few more, right?) As for fakes, they're out there, but for now, let's not worry about them.

=K
I’m looking between $1000 and $1500. So probably the S2 line is what I’ll end up with. Solid body hard tail build. And mainly hard rock music. I grew up in the 80’s with all the hair band stuff.

From what I have researched so far looks like a S2 McCarty is what I’m looking for. Probably a single cut. Just not sure what neck profile I will like. I need to get down to a music store and play a few and see what feels right. My current favorite neck is a Gibson 60’s slim neck. So something similar to that would be nice.

I’m looking between $1000 and $1500. So probably the S2 line is what I’ll end up with. Solid body hard tail build. And mainly hard rock music. I grew up in the 80’s with all the hair band stuff.

From what I have researched so far looks like a S2 McCarty is what I’m looking for. Probably a single cut. Just not sure what neck profile I will like. I need to get down to a music store and play a few and see what feels right. My current favorite neck is a Gibson 60’s slim neck. So something similar to that would be nice.
Start by checking out a S2 594 Thinline. The SC594 has pattern vintage, and I wouldn't call that gibson 60s.

Welcome to the board and beware PRS are addictive and have a tendency to multiply rapidly..

Back