PRS Neck Joint’s Are A Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about why your complaining about QC now, after your return period is up. You spent $5k, but don't seem happy with what is otherwise a very beautiful guitar. Doesn't really add up, sorry. You seem to have more $ than common sense.

Easy there chump. No one threw childish names out. Best sell that PRS and go back to over priced Fenders.

As stated before, you had a chance to return and you didn’t. You should change the name to MY PRS has an issue with a minor cosmetic defect on the back of the guitar which in no way effects playability or tone of the guitar.
Right, should of changed the title, that was said already.
It’s cool man keep on the defense. I think it’s totally garbage that no one wants to address this and now a small detail has pissed me off beyond words purely because of the way I feel like I got the shaft from the seller and PRS.
I think anyone would be disheartened. Yup a beautiful guitar it is. Except for one thing that’s driving me nuts and reverb, the seller and PRS just say go blow. So yeah man real bad taste from this experience.

Right, should of changed the title, that was said already.
It’s cool man keep on the defense. I think it’s totally garbage that no one wants to address this and now a small detail has pissed me off beyond words purely because of the way I feel like I got the shaft from the seller and PRS.
I think anyone would be disheartened. Yup a beautiful guitar it is. Except for one thing that’s driving me nuts and reverb, the seller and PRS just say go blow. So yeah man real bad taste from this experience.

Ive bought and sourced over 30 PRS guitars over the past couple years both new and used. You are the exception. Either accept it or move along.

Why has no one posted this yet...

NQ6mWg3.jpg

It’s supposedly a used but almost unplayed new guitar on the reverb listing, but it has been played long enough to “check the action”. If you had bought it like that new there’s a good chance you could have gotten a free refinish, but since you bought it as a used guitar that’s why you’re getting the responses you’ve been getting. I’m definitely not seeing this on all the unstained maple necks like you have been claiming...

I get what the OP is on about. If I spent $1000 on a guitar and it had that minor issue I'd be ok with it. But not a premium $5000 one.

PRS Guitars + Paul Reed Smith and Apple Macs + Steve Jobs are about equivalent in different fields. So you do have to be careful criticizing PRS guitars on here. I got slammed for a negative opinion about finishes on $12,000 PRS guitars fading within 4 years.

I get what the OP is on about. If I spent $1000 on a guitar and it had that minor issue I'd be ok with it. But not a premium $5000 one.

PRS Guitars + Paul Reed Smith and Apple Macs + Steve Jobs are about equivalent in different fields. So you do have to be careful criticizing PRS guitars on here. I got slammed for a negative opinion about finishes on $12,000 PRS guitars fading within 4 years.
I completely sympathize, but not with the name calling.

This is especially not helping.

Agreed.

I had an encounter once with someone whose business name initials may or may not be the same as the state Dorothy and Toto lived in. All of this was over a guitar sale post I was tagged in and then berated by this person who built it because I liked another guitar better than this one for sale.

All this to say, unnecessary aggression is unpersuasive and unbecoming among a group who is dedicated to a particular brand especially when suggestions have been offered.

It’s supposedly a used but almost unplayed new guitar on the reverb listing, but it has been played long enough to “check the action”. If you had bought it like that new there’s a good chance you could have gotten a free refinish, but since you bought it as a used guitar that’s why you’re getting the responses you’ve been getting. I’m definitely not seeing this on all the unstained maple necks like you have been claiming...

I got the impression from looking at it that it was used, and might have been refinished. But yeah, the whole story seems mighty fishy. ;)

Well I do apologize for the aggression, however I don’t appreciate comedic comments on something I’m hot about.
I feel like the seller burned me and I guess I’ll have to eat this one.
I said I saw a few unpainted necks that didn’t look fantastic but not any where near all of them.
My question now is how to tell if it’s a refinish?
The top looks mint, so do the back and sides. No fish eyes or sand scratches etc...the only thing other than the neck join is a spot on the horn that went on dry.
Anyways, I’m sorry for getting my panties in a bunch. I didn’t mean to offend anyone, I just can’t stand smart a$$ comments.
Goodnight!

Sorry the OP is unhappy with the guitar , bummer he waited to long to return it. It sound like the guitar is a used instrument and from the looks of it possibly a floor demo or was scratched it shipping or handling ( the part that bothers me looks like sanding marks ) So IMHO someone "worked" on this guitar.
I believe the marks could be buffed out, If you got it from Reverb have you raised a claim with them, if the " Item was not as described " Reverb usually will step in. as its only been a few weeks.
I have had PRS ( PTC ) fix out of warranty guitars before and they took great care of me.
This guitar is not the quality I have seen on my PRS guessing this is the work of a less than honest seller.

I can also understand with what you are saying, if it was a new guitar. What I am wondering about is some other things you are saying,

After I received this guitar the first thing I noticed was how bad a tape job they did around the body and neck

I bought this two weeks before Christmas

So in other words, you bought the guitar around the 10th of December. That is like a month ago. While it was the first thing you noticed, why wait for a month to take action? If I buy something either in a store or online, it is my duty to inspect closely for any defaults. If you do spot something after the purchase, there is a return period. If you let that pass it is all on yourself. You lacked to take action on time.

criticism where criticism is due.

It’s cool man keep on the defense. I think it’s totally garbage that no one wants to address this

Absolutely, criticism where criticism is due. In the beginning of the thread it was very clear that everyone was agreeing with you and was giving you the advice to bring it back. Only when it came out that you lacked to take action in time, the general opinion changed. When you got some criticism about it, you got angry. Not completely in line with what you where saying with "criticism where criticism is due"

I do not have any insight if the guitar was bought used but if that is the case you can not blame PRS whatsoever. You also do not buy a second hand car and complain to the manufacturer about a default. You simply can not know what has been done to it by the previous owner.

I accept the apologies for your anger and name-calling as that was really uncalled for. We are all enthousiast and can sympathize when something is wrong with our prides and joys but you need to be honest with yourself. Bottom line is that you should have taken action while you still had the chance. Put a bandage over it and play the crap out of it.

Click bait? Try a garbage paint job. Thanks for posting your worthless comment
SO...You have one beautiful guitar with a minor finish problem and suddenly all "PRS Neck Joints Are A Mess". Give us a break.

AND you bought it USED off of Reverb??!!!!!! So you have absolutely no way to tell if someone else messed with it before you got it.

I would still think PRS should be able to help you but if you approach them with the same attitude you have shown here then I can see why they might not "go the extra mile". They certainly don't want people ranting and raving so it is in their best interest to help you so maybe give it another try. Remember this is a USED guitar so they are not obligated to repair a cosmetic issue that may or may not be a "defect". I have had a core Starla that I bought used refinished by PRS under warranty because the paint was peeling from the neck. They said it might cost xxx but to send it in and they would have a look. It turned out great and only cost me the shipping. Attitude is everything friend.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back