PRS Neck Joint’s Are A Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
...After I received this guitar the first thing I noticed was how bad a tape job they did around the body and neck,....

The first thing? Really? Not the feel, not the top, but the neck joint in the back of the guitar. Hmmm...

I still don't see a problem, certainly not a "mess".

That is an amazing top

PRS won't be happy with that finish around the neck socket though, its somehow slipped through quality control. Needs fixing - it devalues the new guitar

First one I've seen like that. I get why it might be irksome. It's a minor cosmetic issue, but it's still an issue. For the record, none of the 15 I currently own (ranging from '91 to '19) have this. Two of those are maple necks.

Whats all that dust in the corner joint? Is that from it or just general dust? It looks like someone scraped away at it. I gotta say it does look a bit rough. As everyone says contact customer support or the dealer you got it from to see what's up. Maybe it wasn't "new".

As everyone says contact customer support or the dealer you got it from to see what's up. Maybe it wasn't "new".
^This^

I would have brought it back to the dealer immediately and insist they make it right. Let them deal with PRS support — it’s their job.

Yeah, I’ve been in touch with PRS and they say it would have never gotten through quality control that way so I guess my next stop is the dealer.

I get why some of you are saying it’s not bad and yeah maybe not a mess but it’s not pretty. I was an automotive painter for ten years, painted cars worth more than a lot of houses, so I’m kinda fussy about paint lines...

my very first PRS and I’m kinda bummin that’s all...I wouldn’t of bought one if I didn’t think they were top tier. Kinda leaving a crap taste in my mouth for that kinda price tag. So it comes down to a who done it between PRS and the dealer.

that dust is from the crap rag I used to capture the overspray/dry top coat on the horn.

anyone interested in a 2019 McCarty? Give it to ya for a steal...lol

Whats all that dust in the corner joint? Is that from it or just general dust? It looks like someone scraped away at it. I gotta say it does look a bit rough. As everyone says contact customer support or the dealer you got it from to see what's up. Maybe it wasn't "new".
Yeah if you look closely you can see the scrape just above the paint line, it certainly looks like they attempted to clean it up but quit a little too soon.

I'm sure you still have a return period.. just send it back and find another one you will be happy with. That really is not representative of PRS quality, and I would hate that to be your first experience.

I'm sure you still have a return period.. just send it back and find another one you will be happy with. That really is not representative of PRS quality, and I would hate that to be your first experience.
Return period is up. I bought this two weeks before Christmas and PRS said they’d charge me 900 for a neck refinish. Wtf?

Click bait? Try a garbage paint job. Thanks for posting your worthless comment

I’ve tried to stay light and comical in this scenario. However, don’t come to a PRS specific forum to complain about what is truly minor in scope and only cosmetic in nature. If it bugs you so much, sell it and buy something else. Or go to Gearpage and b!tch about PRS’ over there.

Is it the original finish? Is the dealer that had all these guitars you say are all this way in the business of refinishing used guitars?

Ah your about as much help as PRS customer service.
I came to a specific page moron because it’s a specific guitar. Minor cosmetic details which would not exist on a quality guitar. One mans trash truly is another’s treasure.
This will be the last boat anchor I buy from PRS.
Sorry your offended by criticism where criticism is due.

Easy there chump. No one threw childish names out. Best sell that PRS and go back to over priced Fenders.

As stated before, you had a chance to return and you didn’t. You should change the name to MY PRS has an issue with a minor cosmetic defect on the back of the guitar which in no way effects playability or tone of the guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back