PRS Neck Joint’s Are A Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateW

Hey Guys!
This is my very first post here as I am finally the proud owner of an artist package McCarty 594.

After I received this guitar the first thing I noticed was how bad a tape job they did around the body and neck, I have an unpainted flame maple neck, and where it meets the body it looks like a kid masked it off for paint.

I thought maybe the new guy got his first go around with my guitar but after looking at several others that aren’t a fully painted back and neck, man they all look that way...I wish I could post pictures but I’m not allowed to yet as this is my first post, but do you all notice this as well?
Maybe I’m just used to the quality of Suhr but boy I was kinda hoping for a little better from a 5000.00 + dollar guitar.

Outside of that I think it’s a decent guitar but does anybody have an idea of why they don’t even scrape the paint line back to the body after finishing?

Any input is much appreciated!

Just reply to a couple of NGD posts and that will get you enough posts to be able to post pictures.

I’ve got a bolt-on CE, so no masking issue on mine of course. I’ll let others talk about their experiences.

My Custom 24 with unpainted maple neck is great - no finish or masking issues. PRS also has great customer service, perhaps send them a picture and see what they say?

Have owned plenty of PRS’ and not one of them has been “masked like a child did it”. Perhaps you got a rare bad one.

zpgeJmD.jpg

Nice looking guitar! If you are not satisfied with neck joint finish/stain taping I would definitely contact customer service the are very helpful.

Yeah man thanks for your response! I mean I’m kinda bummed about it but it’s only cosmetic.
I’ll probably reach out to PRS and see what they say.

Yeah man thanks for your response! I mean I’m kinda bummed about it but it’s only cosmetic.
I’ll probably reach out to PRS and see what they say.

You really have to look close but I understand, I would call them. Keep us posted

If this were my guitar, this wouldn’t bother me. I probably wouldn’t have even noticed it. If I did, I’d probably forget about it after a week or two and just be enamored by the fantastic looking top. Just my opinion and you certainly are entitled to yours.

First I’ve heard of a PRS comparing poorly to any other guitar maker. Mine are all so clean in that area, but they are bare rosewood so maybe that’s different. Interested to see what they tell you. Beautiful guitar, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back