PRS MT15 clean channel - question.

JohnGA

I have always been clean only kinda guy, but lately I started to listen one local band. They are not metal heavy or any metal, .... But they have EMG 707 hard rock guitarist. Their OD sound is like, first OD which I like.
On the other hand, I like Fender Bassman 59 clean, or like Hot Rod clean.
And I came to an conclusion, that I need to consider to buy MT15 amp, based on this sound.
I wanna know, on which amp is MT15 clean based on, would I like it as Hot Rod clean lover guy?
In theory it should be really good amp for me. I have no chance to try it atm ....

I think you would like it, provided you use an appropriate speaker and cabinet. It's a very balanced sound, as I believe the Hot Rod amps are, not overly bright like a BF Deluxe. I like the cleans with closed back cab and V30's, and I'm sure there are other good combinations as well, I would stay away from speakers more "subdued" on top as the amp circuit already filters the bright and harsh frequencies out.

The MT 15 cleans are very very good and few talk about them. They are also quite versatile because of the boost feature on the treble control which adds a little gain and break up. With the boost in the cleans are warm and rich with a lot of headroom with the boost pulled it can go from having just a little hair when hit hard to a nice breakup at higher volumes. It's very forgiving round and warm but really can't say it sounds like anything in particular it's it's own thing. Also depends on the speakers it's run through.
Few cleans with mine live.
Little jazzy stuff boost pulled and a Keeler Push OD set at very low gain
Little country with a Boss CS 3 in the front
more cleans
And one showing just how touch sensitive and versatile the Crunch side is for good measure
Liked the MT 15 so much bought an Archon 50 head so--.

On OD, he has like, SLO100 / Diezel V4 dark gainy sound, which is not like , scooped / ricey like Peavey 6505.
So I think OD would surely get me somewhere near it. ;)

And if clean is as warm and as nice as Bassman 59 or Hot Rod, then would be a pretty pretty cool amp for me. :)

Btw Hot Rod clean is , extremely warm, extremely nice, ballsy, big, warm, jazzy .....
Best clean sound ever.

Tnx for video. ;)

Back