PRS MT 15 head clean channel dead already

BKBridges08

Purchased new on 4/3/2022 with blue LED’s dead. Had Guitar Center order replacement for out of box failure. Now on 4/29/2022 the clean channel just went scratchy to nothing in less than one minute. Channel two ( high gain is fine). Nothing in FX loop as I am building a pedal board order first in the input port only. Without any cable in gives same scratchy noise. Did not see any sparking in the tubes. I am still in warranty period and seriously rethinking my amp choice.

My 2c ... nobody really knows what happened there. Blue LEDs not working could be just a bad cable, bad solder job (could be a short somewhere on the pcb, bad solder job on a tube socket, ...), bad LED (if they are wired in series). Clean channel issue could be V2 tube (second from the left looking from front of the amp), all other tubes involve lead channel as well, so if it is just a clean channel issue check that, rotate the tubes and see what happens. Then bridge the FX loop and see what happens. Open the chassis and look for anomalies. There are many minor issues that can interfere with the amp functioning normally, if you like the sound of the MT15 you'll take the time and try to resolve the issues and if not you'll return it and buy something else ... it took me a while to sort out my issue, but now I am a happy camper and the amp is fantastic. I replaced both pcb FX loop jacks, rotated and swapped some tubes, retouched some solder jobs and replaced the ugly knobs, that really affected the sound on so many levels ;)

I'm north of the equator.

But Hendrix played a right-handed strat. So wouldn't he have used right-handed knobs? Or did he put left-handed knobs on when he reversed the strings?
he didn't reverse the strings. He truly just flipped it over and played it that way.

he didn't reverse the strings. He truly just flipped it over and played it that way.

Why would he reverse the strings? Pre-Floyd Rose, the bridges weren't locking, so if he reversed the strings and put the ball ends at the tuners, he'd have to tie them off at the bridge like classical strings. I'd think that would be a tuning nightmare, especially the way he played.

Why would he reverse the strings? Pre-Floyd Rose, the bridges weren't locking, so if he reversed the strings and put the ball ends at the tuners, he'd have to tie them off at the bridge like classical strings. I'd think that would be a tuning nightmare, especially the way he played.
I'm going to be really honest here... I never thought of it that way.

OK, this made me laugh.

Back