PRS Monthly Jam - November

Cheers. I'm sure I'm much like a lot of you in that as soon as I press record I go to pieces and can no longer seem to play. But I guess the more I record myself the more I'll be able to relax and not think about it.
I think I might have a go at a couple of the previous monthly jams, partly as an exercise in practicing capturing guitar tones I'm happy with using the cobbled together gear I've got

Here's another track. Ok, so it's the May jam track, but I missed that month and it's a good backing track for me

https://soundcloud.com/tony-startup/prs-may-jam-track

I'm happier with the guitar tone with this one. I haven't done much different apart from having the levels set better, but I did use the XLR input of the mixing board this time. The last track I had a XLR to phono lead and it didn't give as much output.
Guitar is my 53/10 ltd into a Cornford Carrera running on an EL34 with the gain maxed and a little treble booster to kick it a little more. Overall volume was at loud TV level. I had a cheap dynamic mic draped over the front of the amp and going into a cheap Behringer Xenyx Q502 mixer, with the USB out running straight into my android phone using Audio evolution mobile for recording and down mixing.

What I've learned is that my timing sucks, and I can only manage about 30 second of jamming with nothing pre planned before I start to make mistakes or run out of ideas. Still, it's not a bad place to work from.

Here's another track. Ok, so it's the May jam track, but I missed that month and it's a good backing track for me

I'm happier with the guitar tone with this one. I haven't done much different apart from having the levels set better, but I did use the XLR input of the mixing board this time. The last track I had a XLR to phono lead and it didn't give as much output.
Guitar is my 53/10 ltd into a Cornford Carrera running on an EL34 with the gain maxed and a little treble booster to kick it a little more. Overall volume was at loud TV level. I had a cheap dynamic mic draped over the front of the amp and going into a cheap Behringer Xenyx Q502 mixer, with the USB out running straight into my android phone using Audio evolution mobile for recording and down mixing.

What I've learned is that my timing sucks, and I can only manage about 30 second of jamming with nothing pre planned before I start to make mistakes or run out of ideas. Still, it's not a bad place to work from.

Man I am digging that!!!!

NICE !!!!
I am looking forward to DEC !!!!

Back