PRS Monthly Jam - December

jjpish68

Well cool we got a couple guys to join in last month, hopefully we can drag in a few more this month.

Let's get funky for about 5 minutes this month!

Download the backing track below, record your jam either on your computer you phone or wherever and post up for others to hear. Tell what gear you used if you so desire.

Have Fun

https://soundcloud.com/user-609381027/funky-b-dorian

Sounds good. Think I'll enjoy having a go at this one. Ordinarily I'd use my Strat for this, but as it's a PRS jam I'll use my one and only PRS.

I think I'm going to like this one a lot , seems like it has a bridge of sorts that should make it more interesting.
Off to look up Dorian :)

I'm think of asking for a challenge , let you guys pick the guitar and amp combo

Off to look up Dorian :)

tumblr_nl678seLnr1upxwm8o1_400.gif

So I finished something :) ---
I've been really having issue getting something down for this one, I had 15 takes in Protools and was going to resort to a total cut and paste to get something done, it was rubbish and I was working too much and then I got sick.
Last nice I named the track " Last Chance " for some reason grabbed the 408 and this happened.
I am really surprised , I haven't really played in weeks and still feel like a truck is on my chest sometimes and trying not to cough during a take is tough.
Same set up close mic SM57 - Mesa MKV ( MKIV setting ) - PRS Deep Cab ( V30 ) one take in Protools.

https://soundcloud.com/the-pedal-guy/last-chance-jam-dec

So I finished something :) ---
I've been really having issue getting something down for this one, I had 15 takes in Protools and was going to resort to a total cut and paste to get something done, it was rubbish and I was working too much and then I got sick.
Last nice I named the track " Last Chance " for some reason grabbed the 408 and this happened.
I am really surprised , I haven't really played in weeks and still feel like a truck is on my chest sometimes and trying not to cough during a take is tough.
Same set up close mic SM57 - Mesa MKV ( MKIV setting ) - PRS Deep Cab ( V30 ) one take in Protools.

https://soundcloud.com/the-pedal-guy/last-chance-jam-dec
Nice Rider!

So what do we have to do to get others to join in lol. Doesn’t seem to be a popular thing around here...

I have it agree it's funny, people will post for days about what strings or pick or nut or how these tuners will make all the difference in the world.
But actually making some sound with these fine instruments can't draw any discussion or posts.
I did notice that when I did post it doesn't show up in the new posts for some reason ? so is it possible folks are just not seeing this ??
SO PRS Forum folks if you see this COMMENT - good, bad , indifferent - Can't believe "crickets" nothing not even something snarky.

Nice Rider!

So what do we have to do to get others to join in lol. Doesn’t seem to be a popular thing around here...

I'm Game to keep going if you are I REALLY look forward to this every month don't really care if its a few folks

I look forward to it, too. I just can’t always come up with something, whether it’s finding time, finding the groove, being interesting for the whole track, or even just being able to play. It’s always a nice way to push myself into new territory.

I'm Game to keep going if you are I REALLY look forward to this every month don't really care if its a few folks
Rider what style do we want for a January? You pick a style or band and I will start looking for a good track for us.

So I went strolling thru the iTunes Lib
This is stuff I have been into lately see if something strikes you guys :)

Alan Parsons Project
Rush ( There is a video of the best intro ever that I have been watching )
Grateful Dead ( Teripan Station )
Jeff Beck
John Meyer ( Something Missing )
Albert King
Robin Trower

I have another computer at home now and am ready to install Reaper and maybe get involved in this. I was ready a while back, but IMHO, the 5 minute long tracks will intimidate newer players. When we did this at the other forum, the BTs were usually about a minute, with some as long as 3 minutes. You could string multiples together if you wanted too, but a minute is more than enough for most people. If I were a beginner or newer to soloing, and heard a 5 or even.3 minute BT, I’d probably not try it. Unless you start with a rhythm thing and build towards a solo, that’s a heck of a long time to solo. Again, IMHO.

I have another computer at home now and am ready to install Reaper and maybe get involved in this. I was ready a while back, but IMHO, the 5 minute long tracks will intimidate newer players. When we did this at the other forum, the BTs were usually about a minute, with some as long as 3 minutes. You could string multiples together if you wanted too, but a minute is more than enough for most people. If I were a beginner or newer to soloing, and heard a 5 or even.3 minute BT, I’d probably not try it. Unless you start with a rhythm thing and build towards a solo, that’s a heck of a long time to solo. Again, IMHO.

Fell free to edit the length if your happy with 1 min then lets hear the 1 min, I agree that some of these tracks are long and I use that as a way to try out new riffs and ideas, I have a hard time doing the " Play like hell here " thing the longer tracks give me a chance to get in the groove, My hope is over time folks will comment and say things about tone technique, etc pick out spots that work and ones that don't.
I don't edit my tracks yet because I feel like I need to hear the clams and all to get better.

Back