PRS Modern Eagle 2 2009 year, neck from some rosewood, brazilian or Indian?

NickRome

I have the Modern Eagle 2. Guitar released in 2010, from an Indian rosewood fingerboard. My friend also has a modern eagle 2, but it produced in 2009. He argues that the bar on his guitar made ​​of Brazilian rosewood. I doubt the statement of my friend. Who can answer me this question?

as far as I know nothing on the ME2 is Brazilian rosewood

This.

The earliest descriptions were "Select Dahlbergia" but...whatever it is...it ain't BRW. Not on the neck, board, or anywhere else for that matter.

Below is what it says in the Model History section of the support page, therefore yours and his do not have brazilian rosewood.
http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/models.html

"MODERN EAGLE: 2004 - 2007. Carved highly figured maple top, mahogany back, Brazilian rosewood neck and fretboard, 10” radius, 22-fret, ripple abalone bird inlays, Brazilian Rosewood headstock overlay with inlaid Modern Eagle, a new grommet version of the PRS phase II locking tuners, ultra-thin satin nitro-cellulose finish on body with 8 special colors."

Your friend is most definitely wrong. By the way, post some pics of your guitar! :)
Now I have five PRS - Modern Eagle 1, two Modern Eagle 2, model 59/09 and CE 24. Another was a 22 Custom Brazilian Rosewood, but I sold it. What would you like to see?

Last edited:
Your friend is most definitely wrong. By the way, post some pics of your guitar! :)

Now I have five PRS - Modern Eagle 1, two Modern Eagle 2, model 59/09 and CE 24. Another was a 22 Custom Brazilian Rosewood, but I sold it. What would you like to see?

ALL of 'em!!!

You see, Mr. NickRome....you are new to the forum and obviously have not read the fine print of the forum rules. It is an absolute requirement that, upon joining this forum, you must post several high definition photographs of EACH PRS that you own....along with a detailed description of the specs, and the circumstances under which you obtained each guitar. :confused::confused:

Please do so as soon as possible to maintain your forum eligibility. :top:

PS...Welcome to the forum. If you believe the above, I would like to also discuss the possibility of your purchase of a bridge that I am selling that connects Brooklyn and Manhattan.:call:

Seriously...welcome to the forum and feel free ignore obnoxious posts from people like me. ;):p However, we would always enjoy pictures of your collection. :rock:

I would like to also discuss the possibility of your purchase of a bridge that I am selling that connects Brooklyn and Manhattan.:call:

Trades?

I am selling the one in Detroit that connects The United States and Canada.

Back