PRS Mira X Orange Zest

Wolfen

If it´s too loud, U R too old!
Hi everyone! Actually, the most understated PRS that I now own is pushing me to sign up with the Forum, finally! I knew Mira Xes in Sephia Burst and Black and tried to find information about this color (described to me a Tangerine, the Private Stock color option, but it isn´t). I got the 4-color info through PRS Japan and realized that there is not a lot of PRS X information posted here. As the instrument is in several ways unique and - as described here - probably a bridging configuration to what is today the S2 series, but with less traditional wood choice (Obeche body, Sipo neck, Pao Ferro fretboard), it should be documented, shouldn´t it?

Find attached pictures as my "entry gift" (if the upload works) and can anyone tell me if this was still spec´ed with Joe Knaggs like the original core Mira?

Rock on,
Wolfen

Hi n24re, I have to figure out how to get them uploaded properly! It works fine in the Patrick Eggle Forum! Any idea what twist I'm missing?

You can't upload to prsforums directly, you need to upload to something like photobucket (which I hate) or flick (which I hate slightly less) - maybe there are other alternatives :)

Ok, I do not run photos in clouds, but I can offer this here (maybe even more entertaining?!? :)

That is awesome in Orange....never thought of that shape in orange...but now that has changed!

Sweet! I picked up a Mira X last year when I ran across it at a shop, played great and at a price I couldn't resist. Very cool, unique guitars. 24.5" scale Mira had me sold.

How does yours compare to other guitars? Mine is bright, in a good way, but that's not the whole story. It has a very single coil-esque tone on the neck pickup, lots of spank and bite. And a killer SG tone on the bridge.

Love that orange too! Mine's just plain ol' black. Still cool, but not THAT cool. Maybe they'll be collectors pieces someday? ;)

Hi Andy, yes, I copy, the sound is uniquely bright. I had to d'check at the beginning if I really had the neck pu dialed in! The sound requires different amp settings to sound 'right'. I'm still testing, but find good settings with Fender Bassman cleans. Driving her with OD pedals (checked: VS Route 66, Wampler Pinnacle, Vox V8) gives great tones for riffing, indeed! It is a completely different tonal spectrum than my other Mira (an antique white 25th Anniversary) and that's not (only) pu-driven!

It's like how much more orange could that be, and the answer is none...more...orange.

Never played one, but they do come at good price points. Sounds great too!

So if bright orange is your most "understated" PRS, cannot wait to see the rest of the stable!

It's like how much more orange could that be, and the answer is none...more...orange.

Never played one, but they do come at good price points. Sounds great too!

So if bright orange is your most "understated" PRS, cannot wait to see the rest of the stable!

Let´s see! I have only one more with youtube footage:

Its a more "usual" one for PRS: A 2007 PRS CE22 with birds!

Back