PRS Mira X anyone?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by MayPRS, Nov 18, 2019.

1. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Zombie Eight, DFZ

Oh sh!t!!!!

Iceman101 likes this.
  2. RedGuitars

RedGuitars Thread killer

FedEx (we one one inside my local Walmart) will pack and ship for you. You can change a 'local pickup''s mind sometimes by letting them know this, and picking up the shipping cost of course. They also guarantee shipment when they pack and ship it.

Alnus Rubra, Tim S and Mark Ray like this.
  3. Mark Ray

Mark Ray New Member

I'm considering contacting the guy. If he'll come off the price a bit, and I can work out a 3rd party picking it up, I'm in.

Alnus Rubra, John C and sergiodeblanc like this.
  4. sergiodeblanc

I saved a couple pics from the old auction I was stalking. The white pickguard just makes this even more adorable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Aahzz

Aahzz Bluebeard Member

I love the original Core Mira, but the scale of the Mira X ruins it for me - I just don't get along well with 24.5" scale. The Core Mira, on the other hand, is among my favorites - absolutely awesome guitar. I do wish they'd done the Core in pink, though...

6. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  7. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Must have!

8. Stoptail22

Stoptail22 El PRSidente

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

I put a 53/10 into bridge and a 57/08 into neck, added a adjustable stoptail, two mini switches for splitting and of course MannUSA locking tuners. All together is 5.5 lbs.

Tim S, Mark Ray, RedGuitars and 2 others like this.
  9. John C

John C New Member

I was afraid of that - it seems like he's in sell-off mode as he also has an "unplayed condition" G&L Legacy up for sale (exact same commentary about retiring, etc.).

If you can work it out contact me - if you're comfortable I would be willing to be your "local guy" if you can work something out.

10. Mark Ray

Mark Ray New Member

Thank you so much! I was thinking about a way to go about getting it if we can work a price out. I will let you know if that appears to be the case.

11. Frank McNerney

Frank McNerney New Member

I've been looking for more information on the Mira. It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the "Model History" section in the customer support section. (That's where I usually get these type of questions answered)
    Any way - I'm interested in when they first came out (as a Core mode I think?) and when they moved out of Core (into the S2 Line?) and what a Mira X is How the new SE model is different, etc.
    If you have any info or could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

12. John C

John C New Member

Sure thing Mark - let me know. I'll PM you my contact info when/if the time comes.

13. sergiodeblanc

I believe the Mira was introduced in 2007/8? With the X starting in 2010, and the S2 in 2013? This is all from memory, so excuse any errors.

PRS just keeps kicking this down the line. I’m sure it has more to do with sales and trying to keep it alive than it has to do with them having contempt for this model. I’ll just say it’s a shame more people haven’t given it a try.

Bowtiefanatc likes this.
  14. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

Introduced at Experience 2007. Not sure about the X.

sergiodeblanc likes this.
  15. John C

John C New Member

That's my memory as well for the model timeline - plus of course the 25th Anniversary Mira 245 Soapbar version in 2010 (24.5" scale neck and P90s as a special Anniversary model).

Since it wasn't addressed the Mira X was a lower-priced version of the Mira with some differences:
    • Original Mira has 25" scale/24-fret neck; Mira X 24.5" scale/22-fret neck
    • Original Mira is mahagany body/mahogany neck (whatever PRS was using at the time - still Honduran at that time?); Mira X is basswood body/Sipo mahogany neck
    • Original Mira has splitable pickups (uses a mini-toggle); Mira X were not split
    • Both came with a hard case
    For some reason I was thinking the Mira X pickups were the same as the regular pickups but the coil split wire wasn't connected, but I could be wrong on that and they were completely separate pickups.

16. Bowtiefanatc

Bowtiefanatc Confirmed Bird Snob

After getting mine, I don't plan on letting it go! Not my prettiest PRS but one of the most comfortable to play and certainly has a voice all it's own.

sergiodeblanc likes this.
  17. RedGuitars

RedGuitars Thread killer