PRS Mira X anyone?

MayPRS

Hello guys,

I went to a guitar store on Saturday to try a bunch of PRS's (being so satisfied with my S2 I want to add a new PRS to the collection).

Mostly they had PRS SE (a great one was the semi-hollow with Bigsby - what a terrific guitar!) but they also had an intriguing (to me) PRS Mira X. It is USA made with OHSC, I think the color is "Baby Blue".

The guitar played nicely. The store asked 1300 EUR for it as it's "best price".

Do you think it's a nice price for such a guitar? I really liked it but I paid (at the same store) much less than that for my S2 Singlecut (which I think it was a good deal considering on major online stores the guitar is about 1600 EUR).

Many thanks in advance for any insights - I'm really intrigued by this (again to me) unusual model.

Dude, where's that shop ? SE semi hollow with Bigsby ????? These are hard to come by. :eek:

Yes I too found it odd and it was really a wonderful guitar. I'm still thinking on that one as well :) The store is in Portugal btw.

More than a few of us here are chasing that SE Custom Hollowbody with Bigsby. They were a limited edition, here in the States anyway, with only around 100 of those made in 4 different colors including Scarlet Red, Silver Sparkle, Black, and Transparent Red with Flamed Maple Top, and they rarely pop up for sale. Very cool.

As for the Mira X, if my math is correct, that works out to be around $1400 US dollars. I like to check Reverb to get a feel for pricing on used guitars and they have 4 Mira X's listed, priced from 769 EUR to 1153 EUR, so that 1300 EUR seems a little high, but...I have no idea what shipping would cost to Portugal, or the available supply of Mira X's in your country, so maybe that shop has done their homework and priced that X accordingly. Everyone wants a good price on their new guitar, but ultimately, only you can decide if the price is something you can live with and if the guitar is worth that to you.

Good luck and be sure and post a NGD thread(with pics!) when you decide!

I bought my Korina Mira for less than that. I'd say a Mira X should definitely be below $1000 on all counts.

The store is in Portugal btw.
Although I live in Europe, Portugal (Sao Paio perhaps ?) is a little bit too far to drive :D But that SE is way cool. I haven't played a Mira X but I own two regular Mira's. Great guitars and a bit overlooked. Good luck.

I grabbed a Mira X for about $650 if memory serves. It was cool, but honestly, I would be just as happy with an S2 Mira, the price on that X model seems awfully steep.

I'm still on the lookout for a Mira X, if I can find one in a color I like. There were a lot I liked, and unfortunately a lot I didn't like. Why an X? 22 frets and wide-fat neck.

Back