PRS MIRA : Seafoam Green

DanV

I have inquiry for PRS Mira as it didn't come with authenticity certificate. As guitar finishing nowadays whether Indonesian/China made could be on par with authentic PRS M.I.A.

Here it is. What do you think?

Last edited:
It's either Frost Blue Metallic or Wild Mint - photo quality is fairly low so the light could be playing tricks.

Reactions: RGM
Indeed. It's Frost Blue Metallic. Got buzz issue on low E and B string. Adjusted bridge but didn't work.
Perhaps need to replace nut. But will try change string gauge to 10-46 first.

Looks like a Core US Mira to me, and as you noted, in frost blue metallic.

Check you action per the Support page on the PRS website, that should help you figure out whether you need more bridge adjustment, new nut, or a tweak of the truss rod. But certainly put on the string gauge you want first, otherwise you may have to do it all again.

I own a core Mira and previously owned a different one as well and see nothing inauthentic about this one. Too legit to quit!

After change gauge 10-46, replace to bone nut, and setup I conclude PRS Mira best to be strung with 9-42@9-46
base on neck scale length and constructional design

Either set will work fine. If you're still having fret buzz it is likely you need a bit more relief in the neck. Adjust the truss rod a very small amount (counter clockwise) and it will clean up.

It took me 25 years to lean how to do a good setup on my own guitars, and I still won`t do my own nut. I`ll recommend that you take it to a luthier and make sure the nut is correct. My luthier (a former PRS employee) believes that a bad nut is the cause of about 70% of the problems with PRS guitars. They do wear, and people do weird things to them. Then check the neck relief.

Indeed. It's Frost Blue Metallic. Got buzz issue on low E and B string. Adjusted bridge but didn't work.
Perhaps need to replace nut. But will try change string gauge to 10-46 first.

If the buzz is 1st through 12th fret, the issue is action and it's typically fixed with a truss rod adjustment.

Below wasn't written by me; I don't remember who to credit.

Tools required: tuner for accurate pitch(this is the only measurement you will be taking.) trussrod wrench, screwdriver.
Remove the trussrod cover.
With new strings, properly wound and tightened around posts tune to the pitch you usually play at. starting at fret 13 string 6, play to fret 22. If any notes "buzz out" you need to raise the bass side of the bridge, until all notes are clear. Repeat on string 1, raising the treble side to get rid of buzzes. If the string height is too great on these frets, lower the bridge until you get buzzing and raise until it stops. Now play string 1 fret 1 to fret 12 . If you have buzzes, you need to increase relief (loosen the trussrod) by 1/16 turn. If you have no buzzes but high action, decrease relief (Tighten trussrod) uby 1/16 turn until you get a buzz and the slightly back off until you are buzz free. Now set your intonation. The harmonic and the 12th fret fretted note need to be the same. If the note on the 12th fret is sharp, the saddle for that string needs to be moved away from the nut. If the note on the 12th fret is flat, the saddle for that string needs to be moved toward the nut.

Definitely Wild Mint Green...

Here's a pic of both colors from Experience 2007, when they released them...

412239828.jpg

Back