Prs Mccarty 594 single cut Vs Double cut

Rhandy

Hello
Here is my Dilema.
I could not try any mccarty 594.
Don't have any Store with 594 in stock.
Again I have To buy it online.
I Love single cut because I Love gibson.
I have one Les paul and one Prs CUSTOM 24.
CUSTOM 24 is more easy To play on high frets. But I like more The fat neck one my LP.
My question is:
MCCARTY 594 and 594 SC are diferent guitars only in design or they sound different?
Single Cut have more body and more mass. I Believe This 2 guitars have different tones.
Any one could help me to compair ?
For other side The easy playbility of Double cut encourage me To go forward with it.

The Single cut has a thicker body , the two guitars sound similar ( cousins so to speak ) from my short time on both there is little or no difference in playability on the single cuts I have played there is a bit more bottom and the double cuts have a bit more bite
Your CU24 will still be easier to play on the upper frets as its a 24 fret the 594 will play as well as any 22 fret guitar ( IMHO )

Here is a nice video

Thank you
I see that video before.
I never play any Prs single cut.
So there is no much diference in high frets play with single cut.

I own both,
As far as playability- same.
The double cut is a bit lighter and sits closer to the body, so it's a little more comfortable to play, especially for long practice sessions.

Sound - similar, but the singlecut has more bottom end and grunt to it.

Either choice will deliver.

I own both,
As far as playability- same.
The double cut is a bit lighter and sits closer to the body, so it's a little more comfortable to play, especially for long practice sessions.

Sound - similar, but the singlecut has more bottom end and grunt to it.

Either choice will deliver.

Thank you for your help. I think I go to single cut. I like guitars with more bottom end. For example I like play more my les paul than my CU 24 . CU 24 is more strat sound lots of high end.

About pattern vintage neck.
Vintage neck is more fat than widethin of CU 24?

About pattern vintage neck.
Vintage neck is more fat than widethin of CU 24?

Yes, it's the fattest neck they make.

I like the double cut for the shape, comfort, and better upper fret access. The Singlecut runs a little heavier, but there is overlap in the weight ranges.

Either will sound different from the CU24.

Yes, it's the fattest neck they make.

I like the double cut for the shape, comfort, and better upper fret access. The Singlecut runs a little heavier, but there is overlap in the weight ranges.

Either will sound different from the CU24.

Thanks for your help.

So good I decide, and I sell my PRS custom 24 Korina ltd. And I buy from the same store one PRS Double Cut McCarty 594. Just waiting for she arrive.
iaZ2tPdivxCQVtcu8

PRS 594 double cut, finnaly at home.
I make the trade of my CU24 for this one. The top is nothing special and not beatiful as my CU 24.
But this guitar have the tone I want in my head and I cannot be more happy :)

Buy both.

Sell whichever you prefer less.

I have the Mccarty 594 double cut, after few months I decide buy the single cut!!! Waiting for one very special wood library with ebony fingerboard. I want other with brazilian rosewood, but I can´t have it in Europe dont have documention for pass in Customs

Last edited:
I wait for I can buy one single cut, but I can tell i found the perfect for my dreams and it was with brazilian rosewood board , but I can import it. After I found this one and I always want Blue Fade with quilt top. Mahogany neck and body.

Back