PRS McCarty 594 SE

TexHex

Would anyone else like to see a McCarty 594 SE model? I know I would buy one tomorrow if they existed. Double cut, 2 tone, 2 volume, SE chrome humbuckers. $999.00 USD Sounds like a pretty killer guitar to me. Anyone else?

That’s five pre sales orders right there! Oh yeah don’t forget to include push pull pots. Ive got Sweetwater on speed dial.

PRS Sales and Marketing what do you think?

Would anyone else like to see a McCarty 594 SE model? I know I would buy one tomorrow if they existed. Double cut, 2 tone, 2 volume, SE chrome humbuckers. $999.00 USD Sounds like a pretty killer guitar to me. Anyone else?

I can see PRS doing that but I can also see them not - especially as the market has a LOT of Les Paul's to compete with in that price bracket. I don't know if Gibson's still make a Studio at that price (not familiar with the US pricing myself) and of course you have Epiphone too which can offer push/pull switching (like the 594) and a hard case for less money than the Custom SE range. They would also be competing with some of their other models too (245 for example) unless they only offered the DC 594 SE - which would certainly be more 'unique' in the market as most LP style guitars also go for the SC look too.

I know the 594 is very popular but its also likely to face the stiffest competition at that price point. Its a bit like making a 'Silver Sky' SE model and then competing with ALL the other 'strats' that are in the same price bracket. At least with the Custom 24 for example, and of course the signature models, they are unique to PRS where as the 594 and Silver Sky are not unique in that the 594 is a 'vintage' Les Paul in essence and the Silver Sky a vintage (63/64) Strat - just with the build quality and attention to detail that PRS are known for.

If anything, I think an S2 line would be more realistic - a 594 without the Maple cap and violin carve - the equivalent to Gibson's Studio LP and made in the US maybe wouldn't be in the same price bracket that would see the 594 SE compete with all the other LP style guitars that are around the SE's price point (and lower). As killer as a 594 SE may well sound to you, its whether or not PRS would want to risk launching when the market at that price range is incredibly competitive with a plethora of choice for Les Pauls. The SE range to me has more uniquely PRS models and signature models which are also unique because they are 'signature' guitars. It would make more sense to see a 408 or 509 SE variant as these are uniquely PRS and not yet another LP/Strat in the $1k and under price bracket.

Back