PRS MCCARTY 594 DOUBLE CUT SETUP HELP

Rhandy

Hello

I have my Mccarty 594 with only 10 days.
Before I change the strings the guitar setup and intonation is perfect.

Yesterday I decide put new strings on it. I put on set of D'addario XL 10/46.
This strings have more tension, the action becomes very high, I have to tighten the truss rod a little bit and lower the the brigde on bass side (6th string side) I setup neck relief at 8 fret with 0.07", and the action on 12 fret with 2/32".
Now I have problems on intonatation of 5th and 6th string. More in 5th string the harmonic on 12 fret is flat, and the A on 12 fret is flat, I have to move the saddle back in direction to the neck. I have to put the saddle almost on the end of the screw in neck direction.

I think I need to long the scale a little bit. For that I have to loose the trussrod increase the neck relief and lower the bridge for same action, or tight the trussrod and raise the action?

You may need to check that the bridge is setting down flush on the set screws. Something has moved.

Last edited:
Ok. I finish the setup and the intonation is OK now.
I make one image search and compair my bridge to other prs 594, and I found some with identical setup.

I think the intonation of A string should stay more in midle not so close to neck, some between the 6th and 4th saddle.
Here is mine: AND IS DOUBLE CUT
IxQsoHcTQqCx3zA6QPKMSw.png

OTHERS
DOUBLE CUT

prs-594_mcsb_235147-8.jpg

SINGLE CUT
1498564152_1951.jpg

1481991057-20281100.jpg

lovely guitar, just take it for tune up and dealer will be more than happy to walk you through it

Back