PRS Maryland Hall School

Roy

Still warming up
Howdy!

Being new to PRS guitars and guitar playing, I’ve been virtually attending the PRS Maryland Music School and am literally blown away. From the first Tim Pierce class, the Bryan Ewald class, the amazing Grainger Brothers, et al. I’m pole axed. These guys are so fantastic at explaining the art of melody, harmony, and rhythm I’m blown away.
Ok, I’ve never played in a band but I now see it’s a conversation, that not playing is good, that simple is good and melody plays over harmonics over rhythm. It’s making so much sense.
So many concepts from previous lessons are clicking...

Thank you Paul Reed Smith and gang!

Haven't been able to attend, but there's no group of teachers better than what PRS put together. They're all fun/interesting/talented pros.
What more could you ask for? And they're all hilarious!:D

I had to write off participation because of work (two years of hard work are culminating this week) but no doubt the lineup is stellar!

it’s a conversation, that not playing is good, that simple is good and melody plays over harmonics over rhythm. It’s making so much sense.

Sounds like solid advice!

One of the concepts I’ve always told other musicians, whether I’ve been in their band or recording them is: Not playing anything counts as a part.

Too many players feel like they’ve always gotta be playin’ something, stop sometimes and listen. For anyone in a band, especially if there’s two guitars or keyboards, just try not playing sh!t for the first half of a verse and see what happens.

Back