PRS \m/ pickups help

Coldvisions34

So I've hunted around and haven't been able to find much user info on the metal \m/ pickups specifically the treble one. Anybody out there have any experience with them. The best I can gather is that it is similar to the Tremonti bridge but not as bright and cleans up much better. I'm looking to try one out in my custom surf green Mushok baritone. This guitar is very picky. With the neck pickup cavity filled, tonally it is a lot different than my other Mushoks. I have used a Bare Knuckle Aftermath, PRS 59/09, and a Bare Knuckle Mule in it and haven't really been able to get what I'm looking for in this particular guitar. Love to hear what y'all have to say.

4uzblc.jpg

I'm not sure about the pickup question, but that is one sweet collection of Mushok baritones you have there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would go with an M pickup in a baritone guitar. I personally think you would be wanting more output.

Ms are great pickups I have them in my McCarty which is tuned to D. I sometimes think about switching to hotter pickups but i like the clarity of theMs so I leave em.

I just installed it last night and gave it whirl. The Metal \m/ definitely aren't lacking output. They are just a notch under the Tremonti's as far as output is concerned and one of the 2 hottest pickups PRS makes. . They are definitely really clear, not as clear as the Bare Knuckles but a big improvement over a Tremonti bridge. It's big and beefy, not harsh on the high strings and it cleans up really nice. Really satisfied so far.

Hey I just pulled a Tremonti out for somthing more classic. The tremonti is definitely a hot pickup but It does clean up nicely when rolled down. I think it would be a great match for your baritone. It very beefy with alot of low end and clarity.

Hey I just pulled a Tremonti out for somthing more classic. The tremonti is definitely a hot pickup but It does clean up nicely when rolled down. I think it would be a great match for your baritone. It very beefy with alot of low end and clarity.

Man ive used Tremonti's before and just don't gel with them, too trebly and too much output for me. Nowhere near the amount of clarity and response of the Bare Knuckles I use. The \m/ pickup is actually pretty sweet. I've played with it all day today and put it through the grinder and I'm really happy with it. Good complementary tone to go along my other baritones.

Back