PRS \m/ pickup…just amazing! Clip inside

Couldn't agree more - I don't think the name does these 'Justice' at all and perhaps even puts people off.

I don't generally like 'Hot' pickups, but was Surprised how versatile they can be.
You know, now that I think of it I probably never tried them because subconsciously I associated name with death metal high gain. Nothing wrong with high gain music, I just don't play it. If the opportunity presents itself I will give them a go.

You know, now that I think of it I probably never tried them because subconsciously I associated name with death metal high gain. Nothing wrong with high gain music, I just don't play it. If the opportunity presents itself I will give them a go.

I must admit, it put me off too as I don't play the type of 'metal' I associate with 'High' Output, pups and High Gain amps.

However, I wanted a 'Floyd Rose' Cu24 as I didn't have a FR guitar to do Whammy Bar tricks and the guitar came with \m/'s as standard. I was expecting not to be that 'versatile' but they really surprised me - so much so that I have absolutely no desire to swap them out. From someone that wouldn't 'normally' consider any Pickup that is that Hot or seemingly 'limited' to a specific musical Genre, I think that says a LOT for these Pups. Maybe Dragon III's would have been a better name for these...

Well, I'll accept some of the blame for that. When Shawn first talked about them, one of the names suggested was \m/ - I don't remember who suggested it. Shawn was involved w/the design, and he talked about how well they did the high gain stuff, and ultimately there was something of an unofficial drive to give them the \m/ name. Shawn himself wasn't the biggest fan of the name, but ultimately came to support it because some of us were so vocal and passionate about it.

I'm not all that big on swapping pickups - after all, the pickups are usually part of why I'm buying a particular guitar - but I wouldn't hesitate to put these in the right guitar. Or even the wrong one.

Back