PRS @ Local Pawn Shop Custom 22??

HEADKNOCKER

This PRS is at a local pawn shop & I had the lady there hold it while I snapped some pictures
The serial # is 10166016 written in gold pen which puts it as a 2010 model, It has 22 frets, body binding, gold hardware, rosewood overlay on headstock with Paul Reed Smith abalone inlay, Gold Non Locking Tuners, Black humbucking pickups with two knobs & three way toggle switch.. It's a set neck guitar BTW..
We didn't play it but it looked too fine to be in there, I'll also note that it doesn't have a case or tremolo arm..
Has a quilted top that's a purpleish red color..
The pawn broker said a woman just walked in with it "AS IS" nothing else..
I already searched for stolen guitars in the area without a hit.. Sounds Fishy doesn't it??
Tell me what you think it is & what it's possibly worth..
The webpage here doesn't allow to just load pictures & requires a 3rd party hosting that has always caused trouble being they shut down etc = Photobucket, Tinypic etc etc.
I have several decent pictures of said guitar in my phone & on my PC
Thanks Gary/Hk

I'll give a link to HkProShop a new forum about Heckler & Koch firearms
If any of you all have or are into these great German Guns Join the forum & join in on the fun there..

See Photos Here~~~~> https://www.hkproshop.com/forums/threads/prs-guitar-local-pawn-shop.459/

Thanks & Let Me Know what it is & it's possible worth on the streets..

Pictures Posted Below Now!! Thanks SinSir..

Last edited:
looks legit from the tiny pics provided.

EDIT: Looking more closely, it's fake, the way the neck attaches and the geometry of the body at that point are a giveaway.

Serious, next time actually post to imgur or something.

but the situation is totally sketchy. no one spends that much money on a guitar and then 'loses' the case or doesn't replace it with something else.

this guitar was stolen from someone, somewhere at some point.

Last edited:
You can blow each pic up by clicking on them & then click again the +..
They were all I could do with a crappy cell phone..
It had me worried & unsure..
The tuners aren't locking & has the headstock overlay + white binding on the body..
My son will play it tomorrow & we used to own a CE22 USA made = the one in my avatar..
The pickups reminded me of what several of our Gibson's have = Two small holes & one on the other end??
I may ask to open it up = Look inside.. Look for bird turd/ cold solder joints + take truss rod cover off
Is it possible that is an SE that got a headstock overlay & a gold pen taken to it?? It is set neck..

Might just run away... Fast...

Is it possible that is an SE that got a headstock overlay & a gold pen taken to it??
No, not an SE. It does have a look of a counterfeit from the lower horn cutaway That's hard to duplicate and the cut here seems to look like a lot of the Chinese ones. It's a good fake (if there is such a thing), but still a fake. Better pics might prove me wrong but that's my first take on it.

I can’t get the photos to go big since I don’t have an account there but the horn shape and the violin carve definitely look suspect to me.

looks legit from the tiny pics provided.

but the situation is totally sketchy. no one spends that much money on a guitar and then 'loses' the case or doesn't replace it with something else.

this guitar was stolen from someone, somewhere at some point.

Man I agree with that. I have never lost a case in 30 years of playing, something is a little fishy

You can blow each pic up by clicking on them & then click again the +..
They were all I could do with a crappy cell phone..
It had me worried & unsure..
The tuners aren't locking & has the headstock overlay + white binding on the body..
My son will play it tomorrow & we used to own a CE22 USA made = the one in my avatar..
The pickups reminded me of what several of our Gibson's have = Two small holes & one on the other end??
I may ask to open it up = Look inside.. Look for bird turd/ cold solder joints + take truss rod cover off
Is it possible that is an SE that got a headstock overlay & a gold pen taken to it?? It is set neck..

Might just run away... Fast...

I went ahead and signed up to enlarge the pics. They aren't the greatest but enough to tell its fake. I wouldn't even waste my time to go back or investigate further.

To make it easier here you go...

5ec891210113933e6.jpg

1a9329a7272e032da.jpg

237764a9d65a2d236.jpg

33aa7ebfec5fc89eb.jpg

42e9e7544f04e9c5d.jpg

It looks like a fake hybrid between a CU22 and SE CU22 (does that even exist?).

The headstock string pull is supposed to be straight
The hand scoop on the treble cutaway is incorrectly shaped
Truss rod cover is wrong (but that could just be an aftermarket change)
Could just be the pictures, but if this guitar was supposed to be a Core CU22, the carved top is not present. Even for a SE, they look off.
The body binding looks like white plastic instead of natural maple

Last edited:
Back