PRS Leather Birds Guitar Strap in Black - Lengths?

Orange Tiger

I'm hoping to buy the leather guitar strap with the birds embossed into it but i'm curious to know what the maximum and minimum lengths are on these straps.

Would any kind hearted member who owns one of these straps mind measuring the available lengths for me? (particularly the shortest length) I'll be forever grateful! :top:

Shortest measurement from strap hole to strap hole is about 33". Over all length is 50" but I'm sure you want to know the shortest distance possible between strap pin holes.

You can find the initial post here.

Here are the images I took against a tape measure. I was asked for the minimum length. I can get you the longest this evening if it's not posted on the site somewhere.

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

Not to sound stoooopid, but if you thread the narrow piece through the slots in the strap, that may make it an inch or so shorter??

Wow Wedge that's really generous of you - what a kind offer! Sadly I placed an order for one just last night.

The offer was a kind one, you're a gentleman! :shakehands:

What a top forum, most forums wouldn't even acknowledge someone with a post count under 100 let alone make an offer like that!! :laugh:

Nope. I still get 33", Let me tell you why. There are three holes in the lower strap. When you move the lower strap from the lowest slot to the highest, it obscures the third hole, which is now behind the upper part of the strap. So, I'd say the 37.6" you see in the photo is probably the shortest you could use the strap because you can no longer use the top hole. That's what I get for not taking it apart!

When did they stop with the "Gift Packs?" I've heard about them but never received one. I just bought a new Custom 24 about one month ago. Registered it and everything!

Gift packs were a periodic thing - roughly annually. They started 2-4 weeks AFTER I bought a guitar and/or ended about 2 weeks before I bought one! :flute:

Actually, I qualified for the pack on the last run, I think. For the first time. They were always for a limited period.

Nope. I still get 33", Let me tell you why. There are three holes in the lower strap. When you move the lower strap from the lowest slot to the highest, it obscures the third hole, which is now behind the upper part of the strap. So, I'd say the 37.6" you see in the photo is probably the shortest you could use the strap because you can no longer use the top hole. That's what I get for not taking it apart!

Gotcha...sorry...just a crazy thought...lesson learned. Thanks.

Back