PRS Knock-Off?

Heh yeah, the SE cream pickup rings are a hideous yellowy colour that doesn't go with any aftermarket pickups. My SE Zach Myers has them, they don't look as bad on a pale washed out green colour guitar as a guitar whos colour has some contrast.

I really like the Guildford wood rings. I put some maple ones on my SE 24 Floyd rose. I wanted the rings to roughly match the natural binding from the maple cap.

You can see both my SE's in this pic. The ZM has the Zebra pickups where the cream matches the rings. Doesn't look too bad because of the guitar colour.

SE24ZM.jpg

Id love it if they were cream. And this is brand new, so maybe they should match the carpets with the drapes like everyone else?

Yesssir, It is new. Came with a Gig Bag and nothing in it, but the guitar of course. No Truss Rod Wrench. I wish I could combine my two posts as one was from last week when I was worried I somehow got a knock-off because I just wasn't familiar with PRS as a new owner and several things seemed off to me. While I understand where you all are coming from taking PRS side and blaming GC, the guitar came from PRS... completely uncalibrated, screw heads braking off, string height at above 1/4"!!!! on the Low E, Buzzing, No Truss Rod Adjuster, Mismatched pickup frames, no Tremolo Arm, no call back for 5 days after leaving a polite message for help, and told "not our problem" when I called back (and I was polite then as well), plus nothing in response from PRS on this forum. You guys gotta turn the "I Love PRS" blinders off for a second and read what im writing. Again, GC will take it back (this was on back order, so I doubt theres another one to trade it for) and give me my money, but, c'mon... You can't say PRS didn't have a hand to play in this. They made the Godamn thing to begin with. I dont care if it was a toilet brush. If I was sellin it, I would make sure it was the best fuckin toilet brush ever made.
I read what you wrote.
GC is responsible for the missing items. The very notion that they expect you to deal with it makes it pretty clear they don't give a schlitz.
Return the guitar if they won't make it right for you.
If you bought a Ford vehicle from the dealership and they told you to take your problems, and missing jack and knobs on the dash to Ford directly, would you?
No... you bought a new car from the dealership, and we both know you'd expect the dealership to "deal" with it and make it right.
If the dealership needs to get the parts from the manufacturer (Ford/PRS) then it's their job to do that, not yours.

I am bummed for you that you are in this position, make no mistake. I can promise you... I wouldn't put up with the GC shenanigans.

This is the typical GC way. They suck. Here’s the deal...

PRS sells the guitars to GC...manufacturer to distributor. Who owns the guitar now? GC. GC puts it in their inventory and sends it to the end store for sale. They separate the guitar from gigbag. Where are the accessories? In the fookin’ gig bag! GC holds the gig bag for a $100 ransom. If you want the accessories, buy the gigbag. It’s a crappy thing to do, but it’s what they do.

Sorry, but if you want a really good deal on a PRS guitar - especially an SE - don’t buy it from GC.

Take it back, return it, and buy it, literally, from anyone else.

This is actually accurate. I bought an SE some 12 years ago from them and had the same experience but asked about the trem in the store and the guy just pulled one from a drawer which lucky me was a USA bar. Other than that, I got no paperwork or anything else.

On that front, I can imagine why the PRS lady was short. Imagine having a decent product butchered by a retailer beyond your control. I'd call GC and take it up with them and if they don't fix it tell them fine have the guitar back and I'll order a new one from somewhere else.

This is actually accurate. I bought an SE some 12 years ago from them and had the same experience but asked about the trem in the store and the guy just pulled one from a drawer which lucky me was a USA bar. Other than that, I got no paperwork or anything else.

On that front, I can imagine why the PRS lady was short. Imagine having a decent product butchered by a retailer beyond your control. I'd call GC and take it up with them and if they don't fix it tell them fine have the guitar back and I'll order a new one from somewhere else.
This is the typical GC way. They suck. Here’s the deal...

PRS sells the guitars to GC...manufacturer to distributor. Who owns the guitar now? GC. GC puts it in their inventory and sends it to the end store for sale. They separate the guitar from gigbag. Where are the accessories? In the fookin’ gig bag! GC holds the gig bag for a $100 ransom. If you want the accessories, buy the gigbag. It’s a crappy thing to do, but it’s what they do.

Sorry, but if you want a really good deal on a PRS guitar - especially an SE - don’t buy it from GC.

Take it back, return it, and buy it, literally, from anyone else.

But your wrong in the fact that if I want a good deal I should go anywhere else. Trust me, I tried. I used a 20% coupon which got the price down to around $675... Christmas and birthday gift cards took it down to $300. Regardless of the gift cards, no one has this back ordered guitar for less than $780.

But your wrong in the fact that if I want a good deal I should go anywhere else. Trust me, I tried. I used a 20% coupon which got the price down to around $675... Christmas and birthday gift cards took it down to $300. Regardless of the gift cards, no one has this back ordered guitar for less than $780.

This is why gift cards are terrible. Never buy someone a gift card, just give them cash. No one thinks that a gift card is somehow more thoughtful. Take the time to make them a funny or heartfelt card instead.

Ultimately, though, you didn’t get a good deal. You got a bad guitar, and a company (GC) that won’t stand up for you to make it right. I get that your hands were somewhat tied because of the gift cards, but GC is not treating you well. At the very least, they should have pulled the bar and tools from another stockroom SE and used the replacements for that guitar.

Back