PRS Knock-Off?

Lol, Its actually an Oil & Vinegar Bottle. It has two glass globes, the inside being vinegar and the outer globe is oil. One pours through the top and one at an angle.
Gramps got all excited because he learned about that reefer madness stuff from the 700 Club.

Hold your retailer accountable. Keep the pressure on. You have 30 days on your return policy, so get it resolved before that lapses.

Gramps got all excited because he learned about that reefer madness stuff from the 700 Club.

Hold your retailer accountable. Keep the pressure on. You have 30 days on your return policy, so get it resolved before that lapses.

This. That’s what they’re there for.

This! Even if PRS did forget to include the trem bar, it should be your dealer that takes up that fight for you. They are obligated to make it right. Heck, I bought an SE Bernie from GC in 2013 (I think) and they told me it didn't come with a gig bag. I argued for 20 minutes about it, and finally threw my hands up and walked out without one. Great guitar. No way was I bailing on it over the gig bag.

Also, I never had anything but (far) above average interactions with PRS Customer Service. Rockstars, in my book.

Fault lies with both PRS and GC as GC should have done a quality check when they got it, but when I received the guitar it was double boxed showing that PRS forgot the tremolo in the first place. And they are refusing to help.

Did you purchase online or in a store? guitar center is notorious for things like that. when I bought my SE from them, i noticed my trem arm, wrench set and paperwork was all missing. when i went back, they went to the back and came out with a trem arm from a strat with a threaded end, and the wrong truss rod wrench... they are not known to hire the best and brightest.. I should know i worked there for a bit.

Did you purchase online or in a store? guitar center is notorious for things like that. when I bought my SE from them, i noticed my trem arm, wrench set and paperwork was all missing. when i went back, they went to the back and came out with a trem arm from a strat with a threaded end, and the wrong truss rod wrench... they are not known to hire the best and brightest.. I should know i worked there for a bit.

Bought it over the phone, when i could have done it online, because I wanted the clerk there to get credit for the sale.

This! Even if PRS did forget to include the trem bar, it should be your dealer that takes up that fight for you. They are obligated to make it right. Heck, I bought an SE Bernie from GC in 2013 (I think) and they told me it didn't come with a gig bag. I argued for 20 minutes about it, and finally threw my hands up and walked out without one. Great guitar. No way was I bailing on it over the gig bag.

Also, I never had anything but (far) above average interactions with PRS Customer Service. Rockstars, in my book.

Oh, Guitar Center will make it right... By making me wait two weeks for the arm and making me pay $60 minimum for the guitar to be adjusted so its playable. I just dont feel like that should be my problem either way. By the time I get the arm and get my guitar adjusted ill be out the $60+ and have days to return it if I'm unhappy.

Well, I called them directly and the lady that answered the phone said "call GC, not my problem." I'd call that Far Below Average

Well, I called them directly and the lady that answered the phone said "call GC, not my problem." I'd call that Far Below Average

I’m sure you’re paraphrasing, and if I were frustrated I totally would too. However, it kinda is GC’s problem. Even if PRS left out the accessories like you said, GC should be the liaison between the two parties... it’s like, their only reason for existing.

Whole conversation went like this...

"Hi, XXXXXX, My name is XXXXX XXXXXX and I left a message on Saturday to have someone give me a call back about a problem I'm having with my new PRS guitar I bought. It's been 5 days and I haven't heard back from anyone."

PRS Lady - "Yea? whats the problem?"

ME - "I purchased one of your guitars from GC about 2 months ago because it was on back order. Anyways, It finally arrived. Well, once I got it home and opened it up I found out it was boxed by GC without opening it so I had to open two boxes to get it out. Once I did, I discovered it didn't have the whammy bar and the pickup frames don't match the pickups, so I need to see about you guys sending me the whammy bar."

PRS Lady - "/sigh you need to call GC and let them know they forgot it"

ME - "Well, Like I was saying, they boxed around the box you sent it in and never opened it, so it was never actually included to begin with. I don't want to wait weeks for GC to handle it and find out I get a tremolo that doesn't fit the guitar when I only have so many days to test it out."

PRS Lady - "Again, you need to call GC, That's not our problem..... *click*

Yes, GC will take care of it, but as I said before I wont even get the arm before the 30 day return policy is over, or almost over.

Stupid question of the week...
You bought a new guitar, right, not used? It looks new...
Did it come with a gig bag?
I agree that this is GCs problem.
Did it come with the truss rod wrench?
Curious...

Stupid question of the week...
You bought a new guitar, right, not used? It looks new...
Did it come with a gig bag?
I agree that this is GCs problem.
Did it come with the truss rod wrench?
Curious...

Yesssir, It is new. Came with a Gig Bag and nothing in it, but the guitar of course. No Truss Rod Wrench. I wish I could combine my two posts as one was from last week when I was worried I somehow got a knock-off because I just wasn't familiar with PRS as a new owner and several things seemed off to me. While I understand where you all are coming from taking PRS side and blaming GC, the guitar came from PRS... completely uncalibrated, screw heads braking off, string height at above 1/4"!!!! on the Low E, Buzzing, No Truss Rod Adjuster, Mismatched pickup frames, no Tremolo Arm, no call back for 5 days after leaving a polite message for help, and told "not our problem" when I called back (and I was polite then as well), plus nothing in response from PRS on this forum. You guys gotta turn the "I Love PRS" blinders off for a second and read what im writing. Again, GC will take it back (this was on back order, so I doubt theres another one to trade it for) and give me my money, but, c'mon... You can't say PRS didn't have a hand to play in this. They made the Godamn thing to begin with. I dont care if it was a toilet brush. If I was sellin it, I would make sure it was the best fuckin toilet brush ever made.

Heh yeah, the SE cream pickup rings are a hideous yellowy colour that doesn't go with any aftermarket pickups. My SE Zach Myers has them, they don't look as bad on a pale washed out green colour guitar as a guitar whos colour has some contrast.

I really like the Guildford wood rings. I put some maple ones on my SE 24 Floyd rose. I wanted the rings to roughly match the natural binding from the maple cap.

You can see both my SE's in this pic. The ZM has the Zebra pickups where the cream matches the rings. Doesn't look too bad because of the guitar colour.

SE24ZM.jpg

This is the typical GC way. They suck. Here’s the deal...

PRS sells the guitars to GC...manufacturer to distributor. Who owns the guitar now? GC. GC puts it in their inventory and sends it to the end store for sale. They separate the guitar from gigbag. Where are the accessories? In the fookin’ gig bag! GC holds the gig bag for a $100 ransom. If you want the accessories, buy the gigbag. It’s a crappy thing to do, but it’s what they do.

Sorry, but if you want a really good deal on a PRS guitar - especially an SE - don’t buy it from GC.

Take it back, return it, and buy it, literally, from anyone else.

Back