PRS John Mayer Super Eagle II - Private Stock Limited Edition

I'm kind of bummed Pete didn't squeeze in any innuendos but great to see 10 minutes of fiddling; only a crisp 10 mins. Good time for the Andertons crew.

Amazing playing! I love danish pete.

Anyone know how they make the fretboard so shiney like that? It looks glassy

That is just a stunning guitar - sonically and visually. I have to keep reminding myself that my playing, at this stage, doesn't deserve such an instrument, to keep myself from shelling out $12K or so. And the day that I do choose to shell out that kind of dosh for an axe, I'll have it built to my spec: the only thing I'd change on this one, is to put a fixed bridge, rather than trem system. I'm just not a big trem user

My playing is mediocre at best and I could not justify owning a guitar like this even if I could afford one. Kudos to those fortunate ones who will buy them anyway. It is a stunning guitar and in Pete's hands it sounds magical for sure.

Normally I would not opt for so many switches but on this they don't appear overly obtrusive to me and I would be happy to let the trem stay :)

Man that is nice. I really don't have any business owning one of these. Would be nice though.

I'm really considering getting one as an investment... But not really sure, there are a couple other things on my list this year :D

I'd probably be lost with all these switches ;)
Anyway, this is an amazing instrument, if I give you my street address, could you send me one for my birthday?

I saw the Dead & Co. last summer when John was playing the original Super Eagle. And if nothing else - it seemed like they were intent on capturing Garcia's tone first and foremost.

I think in that regard, the middle NF was the perfect solution (Jerry mostly played on a middle humbucker split). Also the on-board pre-amp was used to help push that signature Mutron effect which apparently works better with a bit of push or compressor in front of it.

And for whatever reason, John would switch back to a PS (or Collection) solid body (looked like a classic McCarty) when he played more bluesy, Mayer-type tunes. Will be very interesting to see the final resulting S-type guitar he has been working on with PRS.

In any event, the Super Eagle is a gorgeous looking and sounding guitar, and seems like you could play anything on it.

Maybe PRS should at least offer that pup combo: H - NF - H, on a revamped core "Studio" model?

Back