PRS in UK's Guitarist Magazine

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
The current issue - current in America that is - of the UK's "Guitarist" Magazine (November 2015 - Issue #400) features a great writeup on the PRS McCarty. Reintroduced and better that ever!

A look at both PRS itself and the McCarty model in particular, it includes a sidebar about the relationship between Mr. Smith and the late Ted McCarty. There's also a comparison of the model to some of its competition, including the DGT and the SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow. The writing and photography that Guitarist is known for is here, and their final verdict on the guitar is 9/10 stars and a ranking of their "Guitarist Choice". And if that's not enough, a separate article discusses the changes/refinements of the McCarty since its introduction, and compares past versions to the new reissue.

The 400th Issue of this fine magazine about the instruments we love. The cover shot is of a McCarty against one of the new Marshall Astorias. Other articles included on Tommy Emmanuel, Ernie Isley, Martin Barre from Jethro Tull, and Danny Gatton. It's in your local bookstores right now.

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - One More Thing: In the same issue, don't miss the follow-up article on the origin of the McCarty. It includes how David Grissom played a part in it all. A+!

Last edited:
Hmmm...haven't checked my electronic subscription in a while...and yes, turns out I can download this issue and the December one as well!

Thanks, Goldtop! Should be a very interesting read.

Hmmm...haven't checked my electronic subscription in a while...and yes, turns out I can download this issue and the December one as well!

Thanks, Goldtop! Should be a very interesting read.
You're welcome Mr. S. I bought my copy Wednesday morning right before the ice storm hit here, and I had plenty to keep me busy while I stayed in my apartment and waited out the weather. I really think they outdid themselves with this issue.

Lloyd

You're welcome Mr. S. I bought my copy Wednesday morning right before the ice storm hit here, and I had plenty to keep me busy while I stayed in my apartment and waited out the weather. I really think they outdid themselves with this issue.

Lloyd

They do a great job. It's my favorite guitar magazine, and the only one I subscribe to these days.

Back