PRS In Church?

Deepender, I'll weigh in just based on what I do and experienced while setting up a unit for a friend. I use the HXFX and actually could get by with ONLY that in front of any amp if need be. I set one up for a good friend. I cloned mine into his. Then I asked him to give me a list of his fave 10 guitarists. I researched as much pedalboards per guitarists as I could find.

As for the HX Effects, mine is set to "pedalboard mode". That's about (if I recall) about 128 virtual pedalboards you can setup. I don't use 'snapshots' mode...I like it like a typical pedalboard and on the fly editing is dirt simple.

Now, for setting up, whether it's patches off the Line6 site or Worship Tutorials or Glenn DeLaune or Michael Britt, I'd download/purchased what sounds interesting (usually free or very inexpensive) and load up a couple pedalboards for my use.

For my friend, I loaded his 10 guitarist virtual boards up with the signal chain as I'd expect them to be (fuzz, overdrive up front...time based at the end, etc.). Then I'd label each pedalboard with the guitarist's last name to be displayed.

Now, if I were doing this for 2-3 guitarists in church, I'd name them according to their name. Anyways, you get the idea. This way, whoever plays during a given week need only select their preset 'pedalboard'.

The beauty of the HX Effects...it's small, the labels give you a way to personalize. Then, using the actual 'pedalboard' setup makes it easy for adjustments. Select an effect...you'll see three listed parameters in the effect's label...you use three specific knobs located at the top edge for adjusting (using arrow buttons if an effect has more than three "knobs")...make the changes desired...press SAVE twice and done. It's permanently saved regardless of power outages, etc. My friend is NOT a fan of lots of confusing programming either. So, my initially setting this up left him with minimally tweaking buttons like you would on regular pedals. He loves it.

The other benefit is...you back it up to your laptop. Should it die or get stolen...you buy another and restore all your settings. Piece of cake!

For several guitarists, you might initially pass it around to them for a week or two and have them tweak their own "pedalboards". It's a fantastic unit for worship.

Brad

Deepender, I'll weigh in just based on what I do and experienced while setting up a unit for a friend. I use the HXFX and actually could get by with ONLY that in front of any amp if need be. I set one up for a good friend. I cloned mine into his. Then I asked him to give me a list of his fave 10 guitarists. I researched as much pedalboards per guitarists as I could find.

As for the HX Effects, mine is set to "pedalboard mode". That's about (if I recall) about 128 virtual pedalboards you can setup. I don't use 'snapshots' mode...I like it like a typical pedalboard and on the fly editing is dirt simple.

Now, for setting up, whether it's patches off the Line6 site or Worship Tutorials or Glenn DeLaune or Michael Britt, I'd download/purchased what sounds interesting (usually free or very inexpensive) and load up a couple pedalboards for my use.

For my friend, I loaded his 10 guitarist virtual boards up with the signal chain as I'd expect them to be (fuzz, overdrive up front...time based at the end, etc.). Then I'd label each pedalboard with the guitarist's last name to be displayed.

Now, if I were doing this for 2-3 guitarists in church, I'd name them according to their name. Anyways, you get the idea. This way, whoever plays during a given week need only select their preset 'pedalboard'.

The beauty of the HX Effects...it's small, the labels give you a way to personalize. Then, using the actual 'pedalboard' setup makes it easy for adjustments. Select an effect...you'll see three listed parameters in the effect's label...you use three specific knobs located at the top edge for adjusting (using arrow buttons if an effect has more than three "knobs")...make the changes desired...press SAVE twice and done. It's permanently saved regardless of power outages, etc. My friend is NOT a fan of lots of confusing programming either. So, my initially setting this up left him with minimally tweaking buttons like you would on regular pedals. He loves it.

The other benefit is...you back it up to your laptop. Should it die or get stolen...you buy another and restore all your settings. Piece of cake!

For several guitarists, you might initially pass it around to them for a week or two and have them tweak their own "pedalboards". It's a fantastic unit for worship.

Brad
This is a great idea! I wasn't initially thinking of the HXFX, but it would cover a lot of tones conveniently, efficiently and affordably. I actually used one for a bit a few years ago when I first joined our team. It was easy and convenient and it made getting up and going with the team VERY easy. I eventually transitioned back over to individual pedals for my own personal preference, but you could get the job done with an HXFX for sure. Good idea BradM!

This is a great idea! I wasn't initially thinking of the HXFX, but it would cover a lot of tones conveniently, efficiently and affordably. I actually used one for a bit a few years ago when I first joined our team. It was easy and convenient and it made getting up and going with the team VERY easy. I eventually transitioned back over to individual pedals for my own personal preference, but you could get the job done with an HXFX for sure. Good idea BradM!
Thanks! I had a long drawn heavy pedalboard as years went on. I downsized so much when this came along. It also lightened my load. However, the idea of the church parking one there permanently is a nice idea. That'll lighten the load a bit more! :D

Thanks! I had a long drawn heavy pedalboard as years went on. I downsized so much when this came along. It also lightened my load. However, the idea of the church parking one there permanently is a nice idea. That'll lighten the load a bit more! :D
My board is approaching that heavy territory, but I'm loving it still! Been really finding my tone the last year or so, and the ability swap pedals in and out has helped. BUT, for ease of use, as well as for a community pedalboard solution for a church, cant be the HXFX/Modeler path!

The Headrush series are fairly easy to use with the touch colored screen and all. You set up each pedal on the screen just like you do on a real pedal. Then, it has IR that gives you options when you directly plug it into the FOH board.

Although I do not have experience, the TC Electronics Plethora look easy too, but it lacks amp and cab simulations.

Last edited:
The Headrush series are fairly easy to use with the touch colored screen and all. You set up each pedal on the screen just like you do on a real pedal. Then, it has IR that gives you options when you directly plug it into the FOH board.

Although I do not have experience, the TC Electronics Plethora look easy too, but it lacks amp and cab simulations.
Right, wasn't thinking about the IR/amp and cab sim options from the unit. If @theDeepender needs that, that would be a solid way to go. Could give the incoming guitarist the option to just play right from the Headrush, no amp or pedals needed, he just brings his guitar. Seems like the way to go, at least from the pedal perspective, is to go with a multi-fx board like this. And one with IR and direct out capabilities if needed.

So,
Our worship leader is considering getting a pedalboard to keep at the church for players who don’t have one. It has to be easy to use by someone without much pedalboard experience.
What do you suggest?
I’d suggest a pedal train jr., a hotspot, and a couple pedals with a few knobs to tweak. It would’t take long to learn, it’s easy to set up and use, it’s modular so it should be quick and easy to troubleshoot and if something breaks you can remove and replace just the bad piece.

Cool thread and this is something you only see on US based forums.

Played last week. Usually we ay about 6 songs. Opening, 3 song worship set, 2 songs to close the service. We have a mix of english and dutch songs. We are rather bilingual.

Have been 100% PRS now for about 3yrs, and very happy with them. Reliable, comfortable, sound great and versatile.

Last edited:
Cool thread and this is something you only see on US based forums.

Played last week. Usually we ay about 6 songs. Opening, 3 song worship set, 2 songs to close the service. We have a mix of english and dutch songs. We are rather bilingual.

Have been 100% PRS now for about 3yrs, and very happy with them. Reliable, comfortable, sound great and versatile.
Great to meet you.
Yup ost some pics when you can.
(We are perhaps a bit overly fond of pics)

Since this is the church thread, I’m wondering if I could get away with wearing your mask in church. I played last night (NF3>Atomic AA3). Did one with a a breaking up Plexi and one with a clean twin preset.
Well, serious answer would be that in order to de-stagify worship in church anything goes. There are so many celebrity worship leaders nowadays and I for one dont think that is a good direction.

We might as well play behind a curtain, like the old organ players of days gone by (or in the church next door). It is not about me, my pretty PRS or my blistering stage performance (which I dont have btw) when I' up there.

I've always been curious about the Headrush line-up. But, I ended up with a great swap from a friend that popped the HXFX in my lap. BTW, the HXFX will do IR's on the speaker/mic end. You can add one 2048 sampled IR or two 1024 sampled IR block(s).

Back