PRS: How We Grade Our Woods

This is exactly my point. If they pull the top for "my build" route it and realize that it really pops and it gets regraded as a 10 top (that my dealer didn't order) what happens? Does the build start over, basically booting me back to the bench to to speak instead of having my guitar start production? Even if the customer isn't explicitly aware, the fact that the video clearly states that the top then gets routed to a different queue is a bum deal IMHO.

It would seem that PRS doesn't allow you to win the "Top Lottery" if your non 10 top becomes a 10 top down the line, the customer seemingly loses.

Its a factory, man. They aren't building one guitar at a time. They just grab a body with a non-10 top and use it.

Hmmmm, I dunno, me the customer would be pretty irked if my guitar went into production, wasn't slated to be a 10 top and was rerouted to be someone elses 10 top and my build had to start over... :confused:

Why would your build start over? They can just grab another body in the queue that's not a 10 top and use it. It wouldn't necessarily push your build back or anything.

I'm not talking about getting your top upgraded for no cost, I was more alluding to your spot along the assembly line. I guess some of you took that the wrong way, not my intention.

I'm not talking about getting your top upgraded for no cost, I was more alluding to your spot along the assembly line. I guess some of you took that the wrong way, not my intention.

Understood. However, I think jcha008 is right. I believe they would just grab the next body in line, and I doubt that it would really delay the build.

It doesn't work that way. They don't pull a top "for your build"...

They build guitars in batches, depending on what they have on order. When guitars are finished, they match them up with the dealer orders they have...

Back