PRS Hollowbody vs SE Hollowbodies

Jo-

f-hole lover
Hello everyone, I'm an old original PRS Forum/BaM member who's belonged to this forum for years but never posted. I'm a big fan of the PRS Hollowbodies and own quite a few and with the release of the new SE models I was wondering if anyone had been able to compare and do a side by side comparison with a US made vs the SE model.

I see a few of you have recently bought the SE's so how are they? How do they stack up? They look really nice and at a great price too.

Jo

I may be wrong, but I think most of us who recently bought an SE Hollowbody did so because we didn't already own a Made-in-Maryland Hollowbody.

I would love to see a video comparing the models head-to-head. You'd think a dealer would do so.

I would expect more difference than their is between a Custom 24 and an SE Custom 24. The Ply construction of the SE I think could be the biggest factor particularly with feedback but without owning the SE Hollowbody, I cannot put that to the test and compare directly with my Hollowbody ii. It would be interesting to see how these do measure up though.

From what I have seen though, the SE Hollowbody guitars do sound great and a great option for those who can't afford to spend the money to get a Core or just wanting a cheaper option.

I was torn between the S2 and the SE hollowbody but opted for the S2.. felt like the headstock was larger on the SEs and I already owned an SE semi hollow.. Anyone who owns one, is the headstock larger?

Back