PRS Hollowbody Dilema???

I agree with all of the above -- the spruce top with the archtop pickups should do it, not sure why it isn't already. You may also want to consider a jazzier amp. What amp do you use? I love my Rivera Suprema, the jazz amp to end all jazz amps. You can also do well with a Fender Reverb of some variety. I'm sure a PRS amp will work, too, just not sure which one this is:
How do 58/15 pick-ups compare to 57/08 or the original Archtop pick-ups?

How do 58/15 pick-ups compare to 57/08 or the original Archtop pick-ups?
I will be happy to do a side by side comparison of my HB I spruce top (archtop) and my HB II (57-08's) once I get my HB I back from the repair shop in about a week. I can't help you with 58-15's as I don't have any PRS guitars with those pick ups.

I will be happy to do a side by side comparison of my HB I spruce top (archtop) and my HB II (57-08's) once I get my HB I back from the repair shop in about a week. I can't help you with 58-15's as I don't have any PRS guitars with those pick ups.
That'd be great! I was just thinking about how to best do an A/B comparison and thinking a DI box into a DAW may be the most un-affected way to hear the pick-ups and body of the guitar.

I can use a Fishman Loudbox Artist (I use for my acoustic guitars - about as unaffected as I can get) and A Fender Blues Jr. Plan would to be to play clean on both bass & neck pick ups with just a hint of reverb or delay.

That sounds like a great eval platform. I've been playing my HB - through a Deluxe Reverb Reissue. And it sounds great. I think I still need to tone down the low-end to avoid the boominess of this guitar. I also find that on the G, B strings around the 8-12 frets is a tone dead spot (it's not unique to this guitar... I think it's the amp)..

I know that I owe a comparison between the HB I spruce top (archtop) and my HB II (57-08's). I promise to get to it this week ;). (I wouldn't believe me either - switch on my HB I is now fixed)

I know that I owe a comparison between the HB I spruce top (archtop) and my HB II (57-08's). I promise to get to it this week ;). (I wouldn't believe me either - switch on my HB I is now fixed)
Cant wait!!!
:)

Back