PRS Hollowbody Appreciation Thread- or the Love of “Less is More”

The only minor issue I've been having with my 594 HB's is that they seem to be significantly brighter than my solid body 594's.
Same for my HB-1. It has more of everything: more highs, more mids, more lows. I really need to have a conversation with that guitar… if I don’t respond well to it, then it doesn’t respond well to me. But if we’re in sync… wow.

My one and only PRS hollow guitar - McCarty Hollowbody Spruce. I've tried several HB II (maple back and top) before and never felt right with them since they completely lacked lows. But this spruce varient is very different - it has sweet low-mids that takes gain really well so I ended up with this plain-looking one despite hollow guitar isn't really my cup of tea before.
zgXTxfT.jpeg

infJu3X.jpeg

xkiKy5m.jpeg

k13cfZm.jpeg

My one and only PRS hollow guitar - McCarty Hollowbody Spruce. I've tried several HB II (maple back and top) before and never felt right with them since they completely lacked lows. But this spruce varient is very different - it has sweet low-mids that takes gain really well so I ended up with this plain-looking one despite hollow guitar isn't really my cup of tea before.
zgXTxfT.jpeg

infJu3X.jpeg

xkiKy5m.jpeg

k13cfZm.jpeg
That’s a beauty, clean and classic! Love it :)

zgXTxfT.jpeg

infJu3X.jpeg

xkiKy5m.jpeg

k13cfZm.jpeg

That guitar is anything but plain. The grain on the spruce top is mesmerizing. There are a number of great looking HB guitars on this thread, including a couple of mine, but yours is something else.

zgXTxfT.jpeg

infJu3X.jpeg

xkiKy5m.jpeg

k13cfZm.jpeg
KILLER! Not your cup of tea, so feel free to sell it to me!! Happy to take that off your hands!!! Congrats on a treasure in hand!!!!

zgXTxfT.jpeg

infJu3X.jpeg

xkiKy5m.jpeg

k13cfZm.jpeg
That’s gotta sound INCREDIBLE through that Archon.
I know mine loves the high-gain. Nothing else resonates like that guitar.

Back