PRS Hollowbody Appreciation Thread- or the Love of “Less is More”

Then another JA-15, PS with piezo this time, bear claw spruce and maple body, with crazy custom inlays and Killer Ziricote neck.

dwd6h49.jpg

dCanuCN.jpg

GjXZJY8.jpg

UqiV0B4.jpg

Vh4W9bb.jpg
Dude! You’ve got some crazy nice air-filled instruments there!

Finally my latest hollowbody...HB2 594 piezo, Koa top and back, swamp ash body, BRW for everything else. This is as close to the perfect guitar (for me) as it gets.

1Nzf5rz.jpg

6P2WpkM.jpg

tybAXJy.jpg

RxG8mtu.jpg

bslxa5r.jpg

I’m working on the concept for my next hollowbody...but not 100% sure it can be done.
We’ll see....

Finally my latest hollowbody...HB2 594 piezo, Koa top and back, swamp ash body, BRW for everything else. This is as close to the perfect guitar (for me) as it gets.

1Nzf5rz.jpg

6P2WpkM.jpg

tybAXJy.jpg

RxG8mtu.jpg

bslxa5r.jpg

I’m working on the concept for my next hollowbody...but not 100% sure it can be done.
We’ll see....
Koa with wide curved flame. How rare is that!

1Nzf5rz.jpg

6P2WpkM.jpg

tybAXJy.jpg

RxG8mtu.jpg

bslxa5r.jpg

We’ll see....
I’m your wingman if you ever decide to downsize. I haven’t ever seen a picture post from you that the guitar isn’t best of class. You have very good taste!

This was my first, and I probably should have kept it (but there are limits). It had 57/08s, courtesy of the deal PRS had running when I bought it: buy a new PRS, get a free set of pups! Killer guitar.

jIWQu7r.jpg

Then, when this came in, the Standard wasn't as special. Similar, but different. This is a "never sell" guitar for me:

sWAf6XI.jpg

Last edited:
This was my first, and I probably should have kept it (but there are limits). It had 57/08s, courtesy 9f the deal PRS had running when I bought it: buy a new PRS, get a free set of pups! Killer guitar.

jIWQu7r.jpg

Then, when this came in, the Standard wasn't as special. Similar, but different. This is a "never sell" guitar for me:

sWAf6XI.jpg
I’ve become a recent convert to green, the first in a very long time. Nobody does green like PRS!

I owned a Royal Blue HBII Piezo back in the day (sold it to the band lead who played my wedding...really great guy and we talked PRS for a couple of years) - I just don't have any pictures.

Now fast forward *many* years later, bring in my love for Singlecuts and the 594 set-up...then sprinkle some other needs (like a Satin Neck and a mahogany back) + some Brian's Guitars magic and this one came to be:

3NiuA6F.jpg

I owned a Royal Blue HBII Piezo back in the day (sold it to the band lead who played my wedding...really great guy and we talked PRS for a couple of years) - I just don't have any pictures.

Now fast forward *many* years later, bring in my love for Singlecuts and the 594 set-up...then sprinkle some other needs (like a Satin Neck and a mahogany back) + some Brian's Guitars magic and this one came to be:

3NiuA6F.jpg
Killer!

I need a hollowbody.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do!"

"Don't get me started on your madness. All you really do is write orchestral music these days, anyway."

"I still want one. In fact, I WILL have one! So there."

"Better start shopping, then."

"Maybe I'll order one. It'll give me something to look forward to."

"You are not a patient person."

"So what else is new? Live with it."

I need a hollowbody.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do!"

"Don't get me started on your madness. All you really do is write orchestral music these days, anyway."

"I still want one. In fact, I WILL have one! So there."

"Better start shopping, then."

"Maybe I'll order one. It'll give me something to look forward to."

"You are not a patient person."

"So what else is new? Live with it."
Les, both of you know you need one.

Back