PRS Hollowbody Appreciation Thread- or the Love of “Less is More”

SO MUCH BOINK IN THIS THREAD.

I bought this used off of Reverb. Literally one of the best guitars ever made. Plays and sounds like a Swiss bullet train of rock-n-roll.

fhecyamkpgzdid2nrqyg.jpg

And she looks sensational. I mean, just look at that a$$...

ojhyal0tov11isxiogsx.jpg
Sweet. It makes you wonder why someone would even sell something like that!

Les, both of you know you need one.

I'm still trying to convince the other guy. ;)

SO MUCH BOINK IN THIS THREAD.

I bought this used off of Reverb. Literally one of the best guitars ever made. Plays and sounds like a Swiss bullet train of rock-n-roll.

fhecyamkpgzdid2nrqyg.jpg

And she looks sensational. I mean, just look at that a$$...

ojhyal0tov11isxiogsx.jpg

Hubba-hubba!

Finally my latest hollowbody...HB2 594 piezo, Koa top and back, swamp ash body, BRW for everything else. This is as close to the perfect guitar (for me) as it gets.

1Nzf5rz.jpg

6P2WpkM.jpg

tybAXJy.jpg

RxG8mtu.jpg

bslxa5r.jpg

I’m working on the concept for my next hollowbody...but not 100% sure it can be done.
We’ll see....

Oh. My. Goodness. That's spectacular!

An early McCarty I bought on its way to Canada's version of NAMM
CK_019RedHBTopSide.JPG

And then they made some Archtops, so my wife bought me one
CK_127ArchtopSide.JPG

At Experience 2009 I was seduced by a Sapphire Santana Dragon Paul handed to me - and used it as an excuse to by a hollow body with a piezo
CK_116SapphireHollowbody.JPG

Then I accidentally got the Moss Man to have this built. My wife thought it was too cool to let anyone else have so she bought it, making the blue one redundant. I'll stick it in a black case and send it to a new home.
CK_160BurlHollowbodyLowerTopDetailAAA.JPG

More great stuff. More is more! :)

I admit it... I love PRS Hollowbody guitars. I didn’t think I would. For decades, I never even considered using one. Bad past experiences with others of the similar appearance... that old chestnut. Then I actually ventured into the world of guitars with (gasp!) air inside, and my first venture was astonishingly good. The 1999 McCarty Hollowbody I Spruce turned out to be a great instrument: sounded great, played great, looked great, left my lower back feeling great. Great all around!

Now I have brought in exhibit 2: a 2021 McCarty 594 Hollowbody II. I find myself singing Foreigner’s “Feels Like The First Time” in the smiling realization that 22 years and an additional “I” later the Hollowbody experience is still as good, though different. More of less is a good thing.

I’ll throw in a few pics of mine, and you add anything of yours that is PRS Electric Hollowbody related... if it is PRS, has pickups, and air inside, it counts! It’s good to be even semi-hollow here.

IMG_5288_4fc569d3-be9a-414f-9517-39d137f0c337.jpg

mPNM7ox.jpg

These are just beautiful, Rick!

Back