PRS-haters: "What does PRS have that Fender & Gibson doesn't?"

Agree or disagree?

• Agree

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Passion! The commitment to excellence and evolution to create the finest product possible. The past success of both Gibson and Fender hold them back from creating and evolving beyond what made them who they are. I have both and they are really nice but the beat instruments they make are historic tributes. It’s a blessing and a curse to both brands. I’ve got what I want from both and my money is going to a brand that appreciates the past but looks to the future. PRS is that brand to me.

Ongoing innovation and a passion for the art of instrument building is a quality I’ve always seen in the PRS brand, whereas other brands have rested on their laurels. Also, the willingness to try new things.

G and F are legacy brands. PRS is relatively new and the guitar heroes of years ago played the the other brands.

We live in a time right now when anything vintage is thought of as cool or even better.

Big hair and mullets went away. Hopefully down the road, people will be more open to playing a superior product.

There is no comparison in size. The HB1 and 2 have the same body width and height as any other PRSi (except the Archtop) the 330 series have wide thick cavernous bodies of varying degrees that are in a league of their own.
Yes, the ES-339 is a shaped like the ES-330/335, but in a smaller body.

vF9GJmWkyv9eHhC3Xj8kdL-320-80.jpg

What does PRS have that Fender and Gibson dont? Get ready, its rant time!

Let's see....people who give a crap about their work and the integrity of product and brand. Gibson's ship sailed a long time ago, so now theyre riding on the nostalgia train. Fender I have more of a soft spot for, but I cant stand all the relic poop they make. Some suit must have pissed themselves silly with reckless glee when they found out that people will actually pay crazy money for artificially aged guitars. That suit then went to Gibson and told em the same thing, now you got guitars that cost ten grand because somebody took a sharpie to it and had fun with a razor blade. PRS, up to this point, has not caved into doing...whatever business model that is. I'm glad they ignore all the vintage guitar snobs out there, the folks who dislike PRS because, ya know, nobody played one in 1969 so they must blow big time.

Jeez, could you imagine if there were vintage snobs in the fields of rocket science? Sure, lets send people to Mars in a washing machine, cuz so retro.

The same thing that Gibson and PRS has that Fender does not and PRS and Fender has that Gibson does not. Remember all these manufacturers have a steeped history in musical instruments. At one point they have all contributed even if in many cases here it’s steering you to a particular favorite. I prefer PRS to any guitar brand but I still own other brands for various reasons. A very simplified analogy for me would be a good song is a good song no matter whom wrote it. Go PRS!

Back